Tuesday, March 01, 2011

30 day song challenge - Day Twenty One

Day 21 - A song you listen to when you're happy
"Solsbury Hill" by Peter Gabriel

I am a long time Genesis/Peter Gabriel fan. When Peter left the band, I was sad, but my heart followed him into his solo career and songs such as this one proved to me how genius he was with Genesis. While Tony Banks was a great songwriter and music writer for the band, Peter's genius and bizarre spiritual bent always appealed to me, spoke to my heart, and made me happy.

Still does.

This song has been so incredibly over used, in film and commercials, that it breaks my heart. I feel like someone took "my" song and put it all over the place and now everyone knows it ... I feel like a secret I once had is now out in the open and it makes me a bit mad.

But, when I'm cruising around the dial, and this comes on, I can't help but bounce. It always puts a smile on my face. And if there is already a smile on my face, it gets bigger.

1 comment:

  1. I was so excited when we went to Solsbury Hill on my last trip over. This song played over and over in my head the whole time I wandered around. Then I sadly looked up the reference for the origin and it was, alas, not the same Solsbury Hill. I still love the song....and Waiting for the Flood

    ReplyDelete