Thursday, December 10, 2020

End of Year Dog?

We have talked to several dog rescue agencies, well, Doug has. He has been on the hunt. 

Shelters and organizations mostly. We do not have a fully fenced yard, so we are shot down immediately. Even though we don't plan on ever taking a new dog out without a leash "it is our policy" is what we run into. 

Recently, he has discovered rehoming sites where people who cannot care for their dogs for whatever reason (no time! my aunt was the owner and she died! etc etc) and has been looking for a new friend there instead. 

He figures, we have the time, even if the yard is not fully fenced, these people who are getting rid of their dog obviously should not be so picky. Right?

We had thought about no dog until after we move in March (or ... February, if we find the right place) but Doug may have found the buddy for us. And he is only a few miles away, instead of Richmond or Philadelphia. 

We are going to go visit with him on Saturday. 

He is a small dog (should make whoever we rent from happy?) and he is 10, so we may not get 14 years out of him but we'll get a goodly sum, I think. Especially with our track record.

I almost burst into tears thinking about what it may be like to have a dog in the house with us again. I was in the kitchen baking tonight, and I thought "oh I wish I had a dog to just clean up that blob of cream cheese I just pflorrrffed onto the floor. Ah me. I guess I shall have to clean it up." We'll see what happens. 

I'll keep you posted.

Speaking of keeping you posted, C - my only reader that I know is really out there - I have updates about My Left Boob. C, I'll talk to you in person before I blog. But it isn't anything to worry about! So don't panic if you are reading this right now. It's all good. 

Also, for anyone who is reading this who isn't my girl C - yesterday was her birthday. And if we were near each other I'd shower her with a lovely lunch and exciting time together doing something. But my brain does not work, and I'm far away, so instead I'll just wish her love and a happy early birthday, looking forward to next year. 

Next year where maybe we can do something. 

Anyway. The dog's name is Phineas. so if you want to think of him, and what life may be like with a dog named Phineas in my house, send me good vibes for Saturday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment