Saturday, August 15, 2020

Augusting

 

It's hard being Brodie, but, Brodie is still being. 

Days go by and I'm still amazed that she's with us and hasn't started exhibiting full signs of shut-down. 

She is hungry. Very hungry. But won't eat her own dog food most of the time. We cook her some people food, she always gets a little ground beef and we put grease on her kibble to make it more appealing but I find she just ignores it. 

She loves to (as seen here) shove her face into plastic containers like yogurt, peanut butter, or sour cream. And she loves salty nuts so I give her almonds when I have snack. 

I made myself breakfast today and she dragged herself over to me with a look of absolute desperation on her face. I said to Doug that it is ridiculous how hungry she is, but won't eat her own food. 

I took her dish down from the box it has been sitting on (we put the food and water up on boxes so she didn't have to bend over and fall face first into them). I took out a scoop of dog food that had bacon grease on it and she wolfed it out of my hands while laying on her side. 

Ah. Standing to eat is part of the problem. I see. 

I scooped out some more and she ate. Doug went and got me a tablespoon, and I fed her from the spoon until half the dish was gone. She ate like she hadn't eaten for days, and truth is, pretty much, she hadn't. 

She drank some water too and then went over to her dog bed and just passed out. That was probably the most taxing thing she could have done. 

Thinking now that our daily routine is going to be spoon feeding the dog. I never thought I'd be spoon feeding my dog. But here we are. 

For the rest of the year, my company is having us stay home and work from away. It's honestly the biggest gift I could have right now, to sit on the floor and spoon feed her. And I'll gladly do it until she just doesn't want to eat anymore. 

Nothing else is going on. Well, lots is but I'm not going to blog about it. I don't write about work. 

Guster is doing 2 shows at a drive in up in New Hampshire today, and I didn't go because I don't feel it is safe to travel out of state.  I'm looking at the pictures in the fan group on facebook, and I miss the band, I miss everyone. I miss live music. So I think I'm just going to put the computer away for the afternoon and not look at the barrage of updates coming from the fans. 

2 comments:

  1. Lately mine have been eating sausage egg McMuffins for second breakfast.
    We will feed them anything they will eat when they reach a certain point in life.
    Plain cheeseburgers torn into very small pieces have historically been popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i bet she would love a sausage mcmuffin. i would love a sausage mcmuffin.
      Right now it is kind of great that she's eating the way she is because her poops are super solid and compact. She poops in her sleep on her towel most of the time, so I come out in the morning and just clean it up with TP and flush it. Like it never happened.

      I've been mixing yogurt into her kibble this week, and she's been eating a whole cup and a half of food. Which is great. She's losing weight - her harness is starting to swim on her.

      but. she's happy and gets around, and it's impressive.

      Delete