Saturday, September 17, 2005

Now it's time to prove that you've come back here to rebuild...

"...Rebuild. Rebuild. Rebuild." Thank you Steven Page.

I was listening to some talk radio show this morning and they were going off on Bush's rebuilding plans for New Orleans and the entire Northern Gulf region. So the man says "let's rebuild her and make her better" and people are pissed because it will cost money and its stupid because it's only going to happen again and blah blah blah.

Well, of course it is. But honestly, what did anyone on this planet expect the man to get up and say?

If he had gotten up there and stood in front of the spooky building and statue with all the still, steady, quiet lighting and said "Ya know what, let's not rebuild it. Let's just leave it and relocate everyone to away, and make a memorial to mother nature, God, and the awesome power of poor planning," people would be screaming that he's a racist and if they were mostly white people houses and whatnot that were damaged he'd be all about rebuilding and blah blah blah.

He may be a monkey-faced asshole, but the guy just can't catch a break. Jeesh. I so wouldn't want his job.

Everyone's got an opinion as to why things should be done one way and not another. When things are done to the tune that someone doesn't like there is all this bitching and grousing and complaining the likes that no one should have to put up with. And dimes to freaking donuts their plan, the one that isn't being implemented, would just piss off an equal amount of people who would ride the B&M railroad right to its terminus.

Oh shut the hell up everybody.

Rebuild the area, but make it better please. Put some damn money into the friggin' levee system. Stop building ANY houses or business be they black/white/hispanic/whatever under the damn freaking sea level and just DO something for fuck's sake. And do it now.

Oh man. I'm so pissed off about this posturing, griping, fingerpointing and whinging. I'm done with it.


Today we're going to see my parents' new place. I think we're leaving here at 2, driving the 2 hours down there (dude, I thought Massachusetts was a small state!) and I think we're going to have an early dinner with them.

Right now I'm all about getting some dishes and laundry done. We have a lot of sloth that we need to take care of, and the more I think about the mess my home is in the more I'm simply paralyzed and do absolutely nothing.

I'm not sure I'd be an effective leader in cleaning up the wreckage of some major metropolitan city if I can't clean my own house.


Haven't heard from Aaron yet in his cross-country trip. I called his mom yesterday and he's at his brother's house in Washington State or Oregon or wherever that is. I think this weekend he drives out three hours or whatever it takes to get to his new job and home. I wish him well. I would love to hear from him but I know he'll call us in his due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment