Saturday, June 20, 2020

tattoo you

Doug and I don't have tattoos.

I've always kind of wanted one, but with my blood clotting and anti-coagulation medicine I don't think I'm a good candidate to get one.

Guster themed tattoos always cross my mind. Something with "the moon and stars are ganging up on the sun.... rebellion!" with some cartoony old cinema style stars, sun and moon drawn out. Or something with the "Be be calm, be brave, it'll be okay" line.

I also always wanted to put "Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny" from Bruce Springsteen around my leg/ankle. It seems to be the single most appropriate song lyric of my entire life.

Doug's always had the philosophy that tattoos are a mark for people who make poor life decisions.

If one looks at my family, the "cousins" level that I'm on, one might say yeah, he's right.

One of my cousins has "HAIL MARY" tattooed to his fingers so people can, as he put it "Pray while I'm beating the fuck out of you."

So there's that.

My sister has several tattoos, they are all very meaningful to her, so she takes offense that he thinks this way about her life choices. She's planning out her next one, the musical notes to the last bit of a Peter Gabriel song called "Here Comes The Flood," without the words, just the notes. I'll love to see it when it is done.

Last night I had a dream that I went away for a weekend and upon return Doug's arms had been tattooed.

On his right arm he sported in large letters "DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP." and on his other arm I couldn't make out what he had, but right under it there was "CHRIS IS AN IDIOT."

"You think I'm an idiot?" I asked him.

"No! No, this isn't about you. It's .... another Chris!" yelled Doug in response.

I woke up right after that. What other Chris is an idiot! And of course he was lying in the dream because he always does this "No! No..." when he's joking around or being fibby.

Hopefully he won't get to the point in life where he feels to get that written in permanent ink at some point. If so, his body - his choice. No Ragrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment