Sunday, July 12, 2020

nothing to update

It has been rather quiet. Nothing really to speak of updates wise. I've played DnD a couple times, I've got a lot going on at work but don't want to talk about it.

Brodie continues - we've closed off the living room with a baby gate and she stays in here. I have slept out here a few times, but found it was alright sleeping in my bed, without worrying about her. She sometimes wakes up and paces, but falls down safely and goes back to sleep.

Only a couple of times she's cried out for help. The other night she got her head stuck between the chair and side table trying to get something from back in there, and then couldn't get out. It was comical and not the end of the world.

Each day, I'm happy to wake up to see her, and allow for her to let me know when it is she wants to go out, and she wants to eat, and whatever else she requires.

We ordered delivery on Friday night, it was just Doug and me, and I had a rough week, didn't feel at all like cooking. We even ate at the dining table, with the dog at our feet, and it was bittersweet in a lot of ways.

I wanted Thai food. Doug has been doing a lot of our cooking, and I'm very sick of everything he's making. His Keto recipes are often tomato or chili-related. And I'm longing for other flavors.

So after the rough week, delivery was where it was at.

Our usual Thai place closed in February for kitchen and plumbing work, and they have not opened. Another really good place does not deliver and one of our cars is in the shop, so we were really in need of delivery.

I've been burned by choosing places we've not tried. The last time we ordered out it sucked and I was very sad. I was about to give up when I found a place that not only was open, but they were delivering. The online reviews were pretty great.

Can you really screw up pad thai? Let's find out.

Ordered the food and it arrived 20 minutes early and was outstanding. I thought I might cry. I'll order from there again for sure.

Literally that's the most exciting thing to report.

Oh - I know recently I had mentioned that our lease was maybe up/expiring. My property manager negotiated with the seller that we can get a lease extension to March 2021. Turns out, we signed our lease to July 2021, but they didn't.

So they would like to put the house on the market in the spring. And we're happy to stay here and not have to move until then.

It was my property manager's responsibility to make sure all the buttons were buttoned up, and she admittedly blew it.

I'm happy that it all worked out. I do not want to be looking for a place right now.

I always look at Zillow for house rentals, I'm like a bad girlfriend with a wandering eye. Got a good boyfriend, I don't need to stray... but... look at this yard.

We love living here, it is a great house. It has its issues but on the whole, this is a fantastic little neighborhood, and I'm just happy and content. I wouldn't see myself here in this house forever, but for the right now, it is just right.

My former boss has to move from her place by the end of August. She needs to try and keep her son in his middle school, and our neighborhood actually is part of that school district location. She and her little one came by today after looking at a place literally around the corner, and we had just the nicest visit. I had bubbles on the porch from the birthday party back in June, and her son loved blowing bubbles. He loves Brodie, but she was very very asleep inside, so we ate cookies, drank lemonade, and just had a nice visit.

It would be nice if she was around the corner. I would love to be able to have them stop by or me stop by there, and just have visits and fun.

And then we'll move. Who knows where to.

In the meantime, bubbles on the front porch, shrimp on the grill.



My friend R's son calls grilling "fire food," so I laughed a little as I made these fantastic shrimp skewers on the grill tonight. Fire food indeed. And they were amazingly delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment