Thursday, July 02, 2020

Pupdate

We survived the night! Here's our girl wearing her fancy new shoulder harness, fast asleep.

Geoff got home from work, and as I thought, Brodie woke up to see him.

We all three went outside. I showed Geoff how the harness works well with helping her down the stairs, and is a good rescue for if she wipes out on the way back up.

Surprisingly, she made it up the stairs without help. Geoff was astonished. She sometimes gets a running start - and if you're not right there to either put hands under her bum or grab the collar when she wipes out, she can tumble down very easily, and then she wants nothing to do with going up the steps.

We came in, Geoff got a snack and a beer. Some nights he watches wrestling when he gets home and last night was one of those nights. He takes our living room chair right up in front of the TV, and puts the sound on 2 so it is just barely audible. Doug and I are both usually asleep, and our bedroom is right off the living room, so he doesn't want to disturb us.

It's all rather thoughtful.

Since I was planning on sleeping on the couch last night, just to make sure B was gonna be okay, he was a little put off by that. Wrastlin' and all. Don't want to share it with your mom. I get it.

But I told him to watch, I wouldn't ask a bunch of questions or make any commentary on his show. Doug makes fun of him for watching wrestling, but I really don't care. Have a fandom. Shit, I sure as hell have some.

 He said it is over two hours and won't be done until after 2:30am, but I told him I was awake, and I was writing blog entries, so yeah - go ahead. Watch. I don't care. Have fun.

I liked Chris Jericho's Maple Leaf jacket for Canada Day (even if I didn't quite recognize Chris Jericho). Made me think of Don Cherry and his Hockey Night in Canada suits! So even though I don't know anything that's going on with wrestling, I at least knew him.  Geoff and I enjoyed Private Party as the tag team contestants to watch.

Maybe I know slightly more than I am admitting. Hmmm.

Geoff went downstairs and Brodie was already fast asleep. I was anticipating she'd get up to do her walk abouts, but she didn't so I shut the lights and got comfy. She slept through the night, and at 7am I heard Doug wake up and go in the kitchen, and she started eating some food. We made an almost solid 5 hours of sleep! I felt pretty well rested, she and I went outside where it was already blazing hot.

So this was good. I may sleep in my own bed tonight, and let her be in here solo. She is using her bed, she has food and water. She has not tried to tip over the baby gate. I think she'll be alright on her own.

I hope she'll be alright on her own. We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment