Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Why am I awake?

I woke up early. I slept through the night soundly. I'm wired. I almost started watching the film version of "Hamilton" but realized it is almost 3 hours long.

Maybe not the best option for viewing tonight.

Normally, I'm out cold by 10:30pm, happy to be asleep. Tonight is something different. I'm wired. I am awake. I'm not interested in media on TV or music. I am just happy to be in the quiet.

Part of me is waiting for Brodie to wake up so I can take her out to pee. But I should just give up on that. She's out cold. I should close my eyes. I should just lay down on the couch, and if she wakes up at 3am then we will go out.

Why am I awake?

Life has been wild and wacky. Time means literally nothing to me but I try and make sure I'm in the work hours mode and I'm "on duty" at normal hours between 9am and 5pm. I'm often working much later. And thinking about work things.

I had a friend tell me the other day that he is honestly afraid for his job. He has nothing to do. Nothing. And he sits at his laptop all day and waits for email. Emails never come.

He's afraid he will be laid off. He is surprised he has not yet been laid off. I told him organize files. Digitize things. Come up with some sort of plan. He has done all that, and his own boss has done things. Things are all done, as we are now months into this, and not days or weeks.

I told him to make sure he's putting money in the bank. Just be patient. If they haven't laid people off yet, they are just hoping things get better by August. September. Just hang in there.

He is a wreck.

I'm busy. I'm busier than I think I've been in a long time. And this is good. It feels like our team is too small, and we need more people. There are days that I work so much. And still have work. I offered to give my friend work. He declined.

And I'm awake.

Tomorrow will come too soon. I have a 10am meeting I need to be on task for. I hope that I can go to sleep, get some sleep, and be up and at'em by 9. We'll see.

And the dog still sleeps. I so very want for her to wake up and go out to pee.

Maybe at 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment