Sunday, October 04, 2026

Change of plans to change of plans

H's outdoor rock show was canceled today, and I was kind of thankful for that. I didn't feel like making the schlep. Sad to miss it though, he's got a lot of songs he's playing on, and he really is so good. A disappointment but also a relief to not travel.

S suggested we still get together since our friend V was in town too. I suggested we meet up in Frederick which is a doable distance between the two of us. And it is fun. Frederick is fun. 

We agreed on a time, and she ended up emailing around 2pm to let me know that V (who is staying with her this weekend) was actually flying out to go back home tonight instead of tomorrow like she thought. And our agreed upon meeting time was too late. So we had to cancel the meet up. 

That honestly bummed me out because if I knew he was flying out tonight, I actually would have driven all the way down there to see 'em. 

Oh well. 

Also I decided I'd just schedule my blood work, which I was going to get done at the 24 hour lab after out Frederick meetup, for Tuesday afternoon, when I literally have zero meetings. I blocked off my schedule at 3pm so I can go make the trek. 

It was indeed pouring out all day, so good call by the music school on postponing the show. Unfortunately, I think the rain date is next Saturday and Doug and I were planning on a little weekend trip away that weekend. Ocean City, MD? Doug's mom? Rehoboth, DE? Not sure yet. The nice thing about being this far south is that these October Weekends are still good for fun if we want to head to the ocean. 

Geoff went to the market to get stuff for the next couple dinners, and initially I had told him to plan something for him and dad since I was probably not going to be here for noms. Seeing that I ended up being here, it was meatloaf double beatloaf, I love meatloaf. 

But really, I love mashed potatoes and gravy and that's what the goal was with this dinner. Sometimes you just gotta give in to the comfort food of choice. And I didn't overdo it. There were leftovers of the taters, which surprised me considering both Doug and Geoff had seconds. 

Sometimes 6 russet potatoes go a long, long way. 

The rain let up around 7pm, mostly just a gentle mist which didn't annoy Toffee. Usually she will not go out at all if it is raining, but she's been looking forward to a good walk in the evenings lately. I've been trying to walk her every night, and as it is all the way dark at 7-ish, I am thankful for street lights. I called Linda and we had a yap while I walked, and then continued with the yap after I got back. 

Not the day I set out to have but it was a day. 

Doug and I keep having unspoken disagreements on the little monkey I bought yesterday. He is smol, and it took Doug a while to find him where I placed him on the shelf at the foot of the stairs. 

He can sit on his butt, which is how Doug keeps positioning him. But when I saw him at the shop, he was in repose on his side and I liked that. So I keep setting him back in this position, Doug keeps sitting him up.  

So far today, he's been repositioned 4 times. 

Heh. 

Digits below. 

digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. Treadmill run, 20 min/1.46 mi; Toffee walk and Linda talk, 23 min/1.02 mi; 13k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

9:45am: 127
4:45pm: 155
10:15pm: 110

food & meds:

9:45am: jardiance & new meds
10:30am: english muffin w/pb & wild berry preserves
2pm: met+glip
4pm: handful of pretzel m&ms ; new meds
6:30pm: meatloaf, mashed potatoes & gravy, mixed veggies
7pm: met+glip
white wine & diet ginger ale

No comments:

Post a Comment