I thought today I was just going to skate through.
Did my 360 reviews, I had two left to do and one was for my boss. So I wanted to be careful and calculated, honest but also not like sucking up to him or anything. I think we have an understood mutual admiration.
After all, he does take selfies with Ryan Miller from Guster when he sees him out and about in Burlington VT. Thoughtful.
All my meetings got canceled, One was because the client was at the Albuquerque Balloon Festival, and thought she'd be back in time for our call but she got stuck in traffic. And didn't have my number or remember my email, or know how to get in touch with me. We rescheduled.
The second was with another client, and he was 15 minutes late. But we met, figured the thing out, did a big hi-5 on zoom, and that was awesome.
One of my teammates and I have a standing Friday 1:1, but we have not met for the last 5 weeks. I canceled on her last week, she did this week. We have to get out of that pattern. But I told her it was fine because one of the reviews I had to write was hers. I did not say "she's not good at keeping a meeeting schedule." Because I'm not either.
Doug and I ran out to the UPS store to get a thing notarized so he can move all his money out of a languishing retirement account from a job he left 10 years ago. But I'm the beneficiary on it, so I had to be informed it was moving, AND sign off on it with a notary witness. Done and dusted at 3:30pm.
Around 4:30 I was done with my reviews, I marinated the chicken thighs (and drank the half of a beer that didn't go into the marinade). I took my blood sugar, came back down and put on my sneakers. I was headed for the treadmill.
An urgent "OMG the deadline is MONDAY for this thing you don't manage but I need your help!" ticket came in, so I helped with that. Score a victory for us! Another colleague on my team said there was a problem with a client's publication, and asked me to help find someone to reach out to there. So I did, we emailed, no one got back to us but I checked at 10pm and the issue was resolved.
And then something else unexpected happened? I can't remember what that was. My colleague who reached out to me on the problem with the client website thanked me for helping her after 5:30 on a Friday afternoon. I said, the last hour and a half was more work than I did all day! She agreed and said "Where are our Friday vibes!? We should be enjoying the afternoon and kicking off easy."
I KNOW!
My sneakers were still on, I thought about the treadmill. I cooked dinner instead.
After dinner, I realized I was not even half way through 10k steps, so I sighed, got the dog leashed, took her for a walk. She did really well, once she pooped and got it over with. I was able to walk with a slack leash, she stayed right next to me. I thought about adding an extra block, but, we headed back to the house. A solid half hour walk is great.
Doug and I were watching tv and at 8:30 I said "damn. I still need 2000 steps."
So I got the sneakers back on, and went back out. I kind of know how far a walk I need to take for 2000 steps, so I tacked on an extra small detour to put even more steps onto the measurement. I was at 10k before I even got back to the house.
Friday vibes, I guess they are going on a walkabout.
Tomorrow and Sunday may be cold and rainy. Fall-like weather. Doug is hoping to get the lawn mowed, but I'm not sure that will be possible if what happens happens. And then Sunday is football day in America so he will most likely not mow then, because it is a religious holiday, every week. Don't ya know.
On Sunday I'm supposed to go see H in his school of rock concert. It is supposed to be outside, and they'll make a decision the night before whether or not to have it. So I may or may not be driving an hour and 15 minutes to go see my 11 year old best friend "play the keys." We'll see what happens. Part of me hopes it gets rained out. I sort of want to be here and maybe feel like getting some things done while Doug watches football. And hey, maybe I'll get that run in!
I don't have a picture. So. Digits below!
digits
exercise: 12/12 hours. two walks, one with toffee, 32 min/1.5 mi; solo, 20 min/.96 mi. 10k+ by bedtime
blood glucose:
9am: 116
4:30pm: 105
10pm: 135
food & meds:
9am: jardiance & new meds
10am: freezer breakfast burrito with extra shredded cheddar and salsa
1pm: met+glip
3pm: new meds
4:30pm: 2 pieces of celery w/pb, 1/2 a beer
6:15pm: 2 zero carb fajita wraps w/grilled chicken thighs, avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, 1 beer
7:45pm: met+glip
No comments:
Post a Comment