Monday, October 05, 2026

MonMeh

I woke up around 4am, Geoff was in the shower and I had to use the bathroom, so I headed down to the basement. Thankful for him keeping it cleaner than he did his old bathroom at the other house. Toffee followed me downstairs and paced and paced, it was very confusing for her to have me be down there. 

She survived. We came back up and I got in the guest bed.  What I wanted more than anything was some prilosec, because I had tremendous heartburn and acid reflux.

In fact, I got a little nervous that it was going to be like an abdominal blockage again like a few weeks ago, but, I was successfully pooping which meant hey... things are moving! The doctor had told me it is really great when your belly is making all those gurgling sounds because that means the factory is doing its thing. 

Yeah, but does it have to be so noisy sometimes? 

Anyway, he got out of the bathroom and I went in and got the prilosec I needed. I drank a glass of water and felt really gross, like the water and my dinner were all just sloshing around inside my belly. Gross. 

I wondered if the new meds are supposed to make me feel sick if I over eat (and yeah, I kind of did thanks to mashed potatoes) so I ate a lot less this evening. 

Still have not lost any weight on this concoction. Bout to give up on it.

Anyway, I woke up repeatedly to go to the bathroom, never truly fell all the way back asleep. I dragged my ass out of bed around 9:30 because I thought I had a 10am meeting. no. 11am! Alright. 

I got a lot of work done, and we had a good team meeting with our entire department today and it was incredibly informative and worthwhile. Sometimes, these meetings are not really worthwhile. I got a lot out of it today. I dragged ass all day and thought about just packing it in.

I made a meeting with someone at 4:30pm, she's in Mountain time zone, and we had missed each other repeatedly over the last two weeks. She does volunteer work at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, and she told me all about it, and how fun it is and she demands that I come next year. 

Well alright! I'll pencil that in!

We talked for 90 minutes. 

My job is like that sometimes. "I think we only need 5 minutes for me to show you the problem I'm having with the software..." It just turns into a whole thing. Sometimes people love to talk and I love to talk, and we just .... talked. It was great.

After that, I answered another help ticket that came in when I was getting on that call and it was urgent but nothing I could help with until tomorrow when my work son gets back from being out for the long weekend. 

I got on the treadmill and pushed myself to 30 minutes because I sure the hell did not feel like a Toffee walk. She was disappointed. She kept sitting there eyeballing me and moaning. 

Sorry bubba girl, maybe tomorrow. 

It is 9pm, and I am going to bed. A full hour or more earlier than usual. I just can't hang.Truly hoping for a good night of sleep tonight. I ate a really small bowl of dinner, even though it was crazy delicious. Geoff sure knows his way around a recipie. 

No picture today, Just digits. Hopefully more fun tomorrow. I do have to go get blood work done, so, mayhaps I'll stop and look at something or take the long way home and treat myself to a vista.




digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. Treadmill Run, 30 min/2.1 mi; 10k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

9:30am: 117
4:15pm: 135
9pm: 144 (*note time I took met+glip and pasta for dinner, not too high but higher than it has been)

food & meds:

9:30am: jardiance & new meds
11am: slice of multigrain seeded bread w/pb
12:45: turkey and cheddar on 647 bread; met+glip
3:45pm: new meds
4:15pm: atkins peanut bar snack
7pm: rigatoni w/pancetta and olives a la Geoff
8pm: met+glip
no wine/alcohol

No comments:

Post a Comment