Friday, October 09, 2026

Plant Parenthood

It was plant watering time today, and I took some lunch hour-ish time to walk the plants over to the kitchen sink. 

Farmer Chris moves operations indoors this time of year. 

Most of my plant pots have drain holes in the bottom and I don't have little water trays for some of them so it is just easier to walk all of the babies over, line them up, and then fill the sink with them. And give 'em all a good drink and let them drain/rest on a towel in the kitchen. Then, I get to clean the kitchen counter top. It is a win win. 

I noticed one spider plant was looking kind of weird, and thought maybe she needed a new pot. I looked around on the back porch and found a pot that was a little bigger than where she was, and transplanted her. 

Evidence that she had outgrown her space here, with all the roots just coiled all around in the image at the bottom of the post. 

Once everyone was watered and happy, I took the pots that are now too small for any friends and set them aside. I'm trying to propagate some jade leaves? and some burro tail thingies, and those are laid out in soil in their own little pots. Not sure if they'll take. 

My monstera is in for the season, I do not think we'll have another big hot day or stretch of days where she can hang out on the patio. She's come along so well over this last (almost!) year. 

I had placed her in the front window for all the good sun, and noticed one of her leaves was horribly brown in the center. It had been resting against the glass window and I guess maybe the glass was too warm and toasted it? Oops. Moved her back to avoid that. 

So all the plants are watered and happy. The money tree is making new leafs and it makes me smile. I was worried about her when we moved that she was not doing well. Many snake plants and spider plants and weird plants that I don't know their names. They're all my little covid hobby project jungle. 

Because this is a Friday before a holiday weekend, not a lot was going on. I didn't have a lot of new/fresh tickets and the tickets I was waiting for a response on, I wasn't getting a response. I'm supposed to review some work the developers did on bug fixes and I couldn't log into our Jira/ticket portal that they use, so maybe I'll look at that .... eventually? Thought about doing it tonight but... meh. 

They don't have a holiday Monday so, I kind of want to be able to reply to them. I hate when I have to wait on people and I know people hate when they have to wait on me. 

So yeah, quiet day so I decided to bake cookies. I mad the "pan banging" peanut butter cookies and they came out dry and gross? I was super disappointed. Maybe it was because I used the smaller scoop, or something, I don't know. Doug said they taste fine but you need a glass of milk with and that just makes them better. 

I made up for it by also making his favorite Oatmeal cookies. I put a pecan in the center of each one. Super cute like that. 

Geoff got home super late, much later than usual so he and Doug jetted off to go pick our other car up at the shop. I ordered from the pizza place and Geoff picked it up after he left the garage. 

I took Toffee for a walk, she was super hype to go when they were leaving so I passed on the treadmill and we hit the road to take care of her needs. And my needs truthfully. We did a super long walk, super long, I added on blocks where I usually would just turn left to come home. I could have kept going. But I knew dinner was waiting for me. She was a trooper! 

So I usually get buffalo chicken bites from this pizza joint, and I put them over a bed of greens. They didn't give me buffalo sauce on these but maybe they were general tso's or some hot and sour something sauce? It was DELICIOUS but it did a job to my blood sugar. Did not expect the reading I got at 11. 

Please no one freak out. C I'm looking at you. It'll come down overnight. Digits below.







digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. Toffee walk, 43 min/2.25 mi. 12k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

9:15am: 138
4:30pm: 130
11pm: 278 

food & meds:

9:15am: jardiance & new meds
9:30am: last 2 heel pieces from another sourdough loaf
12pm: Everything bagel w/plain cream cheese and the last of the sliced turkey (not enough, never enough...) 
1pm: met+glip
3pm: new meds
4:30pm: a dry ass peanut butter cookie and a delicious oatmeal cookie
7pm: chicken bites that were maybe in some sort of super sweet but hella spicy sauce that wasn't buffalo, over a bed of greens, bleu cheese dressing, 2 beers
8pm: met+glip

No comments:

Post a Comment