Thursday, July 30, 2026

How much lettuce would a woodchuck lettuce if a woodchuck could lettuce lettuce

Farmer Chris is displeased.

Doug was looking out the back door before letting Toffee out this morning and there was this big fat giant woodchuck eating our lettuce right out of the raised bed. 

Sonofabitch. So how am I gonna feed my whole family all winter long on no lettuce? Funny enough, I asked Doug the other day if I should harvest the lettuce and he said no, give it another couple days. 

Well then. 

The woodchuck saw Doug and hid under our shed. Maybe this is why I have not seen the bunny recently, she got evicted by this big ass mofo. 

Toffee and Dijon spent a lot of time sniffin' round the shed last week and I guess I can see now why. 

I went out with her to investigate the lettuce, she sniffed and I huffed. 

I told Doug we need a little fence around this, and he said it is too late now. 

I want to call the wildlife guy that took care of our squirrel situation, Doug seems to want to wait a bit. Not sure why. It isn't like we can cuddle it, or hang out with it. It is not as cute as the bunny. 

There is a rather large hole in my neighbor's fence, overgrown with some of her perennial flowering vines, but for sure that little jerk is moving around between our yards. 

Bah. Madenning. 

I decided that I didn't want a run-in with a woodchuck for Miss Toffee so I reached out to a veterinary clinic. She's due for shots/tests/etc and we've been here almost a year so I bet she's out of date on some of her vaccinations. It is something I've been meaning to do. 

Anyway, I have a horrible hangnail on my right index finger, and that is making typing super uncomfortable. So I'll just post this. More tomorrow, digits below. 

Wednesday digits
exercise:
12/12 hours, Treadmill run 30 min/2.25 mi. 10k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

8:45am: 145
4pm: 79
11pm: 135

food & meds:

8:45am: jardiance, new meds
9am: last 2 cookies; mixed protein shake in with my coffee
4:15pm: cheese and crackers and a little trail mix; new meds
6pm: piece of chicken parm
7:30pm: met+glip
red wine on ice


Thursday digits
exercise:
12/12 hours, treadmill run, 15 min/1.11 mi. dog walk, 17 min/.77 mi. 10k+ steps by bedtime 

blood glucose: 

7am: 119
5:30pm: 86
10pm: 220* see ice cream below

food & meds:

7am: jardiance, new meds
8am: protein shake mixed in coffee
11:30am: English muffin, one half w/pb and cherry preserves, the other half with butter and cherry preserves (on the recommendation of Doug!)
1pm: met+glip, small bit of the potato salad left over from the weekend (about a cup) 
5:30pm: new meds
6:30pm: small bowl of tortellini, ramekin of ice cream; met+glip
7:30pm: ramekin of normal ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment