Jess stayed down here longer than they usually do, because they have a friend who was in DC attending a conference. They asked if it would be okay for their friend to come here for a couple days and stay until it was time for her to go to the airport on Sunday. We said of course!
On Thursday, Jess went and picked her up at the metro, they drove over to Virginia to a Dinosaur park (Jess had been there before but her friend A wanted to check it out). They had a blast, then went up to Winchester VA (a town where we looked to move to, but couldn't find the right place). Doug and I had let them know it was a great little town, so lunch was needed, and they had a good walk about. Then they came back here late in the day, after dinner time.
Jess' friend is darling, very very sweet, and we sat on the patio until late just having a big yap. Doug made drinks, mixologist that he is, and it was a lot of fun.
The dogs played like crazy, everything was perfect. The weather has been spectacular, almost like late September. I think we're getting spoiled.
Both Doug and I had to work today, but the kids were off. They slept until about 11, and then hung out in the living room with me while I worked. Surprisingly, I got plenty of things done even though there was plenty of time for yapping. I have to do one thing that I didn't fully accomplish this week, and write an announcement and link to help documents. I also kind of want to make a video on how to do the thing that needs done, and I should have time to do that on Sunday.
Tomorrow Doug is going up to Pennsylvania, his family reunion is Saturday so he's going to surprise his mom. Even though she poohpoohed him from coming last year, and then this year she said she NEVER told him he shouldn't come and that everyone asked after him. And last week she poohpoohed him coming and said he didn't have to come.
So he's going. And she may freak out. Because she probably does not have the guest room made up for him and it'll be TOO MUCH! and she'll be upset. I told him if that's the case get a hotel.
Jess is taking her friend to the airport on Sunday and then will head north and home.
I miss them already.
The other night, I couldn't download any pictures to my laptop, nothing would cooperate so here are pictures that I wanted to share! All in one post! 2 days of digits below!
Thursday digits
exercise: 12/12 hours, Treadmill, 15 min/1.05 mi. 10k+ steps by bedtime
blood glucose:
8:45am: 136
5pm: 150
11pm: 108
food & meds:
8:45am: jardiance, new meds
9am: blueberry muffin
1pm: bowl of mac & cheese w/extra cheese; met+glip
3:45pm: new meds; ramekin mixed nuts
6pm: small bowl of chicken and rice
7:30pm: met+glip
white wine, red wine, diet ginger ale
Friday digits
exercise: 12/12 hours, treadmill run, 20min/1.41 mi; 10k+ steps by bedtime
blood glucose:
8:30am: 108
4:45pm: 90
10pm: 222 *close to dinner & met/glip. will come down
food & meds:
8:30am: jardiance, new meds
9am: blueberry muffin (the last one!)
1pm: met+glip; tiny slice of seeded bread w/pb
4pm: part of a ramekin of mixed nuts
5:15pm: new meds; chunk of cheddar cheese
6pm: several ritz crackers
8:30pm: buffalo wings, crab dip & crostini, fish & chips (only a few chips) 2 beers; met+glip
.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment