Thursday, October 10, 2024

Getting ready

Jess arrives tomorrow, so I need to slip out of work mode and into mom mode for a little bit. Strip the bed, wash the sheets in the guest room and get the blanket out. We had two sets of queen sheets but the fitted sheet on one set tore, so right now one - until flannel time. Which will come sooner than later!  It was super cold in here last night! I guess it is mid October, eh? 70s in the day, 40s in the night. I even woke up around 4am and was chilly so I got a blankie off the couch. 

I don't do a big deep clean before they come, just make the bathroom presentable, vacuum which I already did, oh, and clean the top of the stove. Our poor stove. We cook every day at least once a day, something is always getting made in there. So she suffers our messes and it's often too hot to clean her immediately so, we let it go a bit. Geoff is usually on top of that. He cleans the top of the stove all the time. But he's been lax. 

We'll get that done. 

Things look good. It looks like nice responsible adults live in this house, oh except my bedroom still. Haven't gotten there. And we shan't speak of the basement.

I had a slice of banana bread today and boy does that shoot my blood sugar up. I took it a full 2 hours after eating the banana bread and it was still stupid high. Oh, banana bread. I do love you but. I guess ... not frequently. Thankfully a really heavy protein dinner and some time brought it down to something slightly more reasonable. 

Anyway.  No picture tonight either. Watching football, and going to bed very shortly. So thankful for a three day weekend coming up. 

Digits below. 






digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. 12 min indoor walk while dinner was cooking (stopped because I needed to be at the stove and didn't think recording the pause for 4 min. was worth it). 5600+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 187
4:30pm: 245 
10:30pm: 158 

food:
coffee/water
10:15am: pbj sandwich on 647 italian bread
noon: metformin
2:30pm: slice of banana bread
4pm: a bunch of slices of pepperoni
6:30pm: beef stroganoff w/ a few egg noodles but not a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment