Tuesday, October 08, 2024

Fury Baking

We have a client who was having some huge problems today, and our third party partner says it is "their fault," but ... as the support person for the client, I'm also a tenacious beast. 

I troubleshot this, I went over EVERYthing. I brought in colleagues on another team to look at it and they said everything looked good to them. I talked to another client who has the exact same set up as this client, and his shit works. So look here, look at this other guy, why's his not working! And the other client said for sure I am in the right, the third party partner has a configuration problem. He gave me a suggestion to jump over a flaming barn (not even a flaming red hoop) that got us to about 90% solution. 

It took all day. All. Day. Tomorrow morning we're going to iron out the last bit. At one point I walked away from a furiously detailed slack discussion, and just went to the kitchen. It was time to bake banana bread and just be "AFK" as they say. Away from keyboard. 

I'd been looking at these three big beautiful very ready bananas since Saturday when I got back from my trip. Doug had picked them up at Aldi while I was away hoping I'd volunteer to bake. Well hell yeah. You bet.

I used to do anxiety baking. Today it was fury baking. After spending so much time pleading my case, not hearing back from anyone, just basically continuing to troubleshoot, and get nowhere. I finally get someone to pay attention and get dismissed, but I wasn't going to stop fighting because I had backup. I had a posse with my other client and my evidence. But I was still very mad. Grrrrrrrr. Baking.

After mixing up the batter and getting it into the oven, I contemplated making oatmeal cookies too. But I just used my most favorite mixing bowl, and I didn't feel like washing it and all that stuff, so it went into the dishwasher and I went back to work. I at least got some banana bread going.

Maybe tomorrow. I also have 3 more bananas and may just have to bake another loaf, if Geoff doesn't want to eat them. Maybe muffins. I can make muffins. 

After the I had two big pieces of the banana bread, I really should not have because it was too close to when I'd be taking my reading for the afternoon. But it was delicious and I wanted it hot out of the oven, not later on at room temperature. Gotta have that melting of the butter on the hot tasty bread.

Toffee has a doctor's appointment tomorrow. It'll be one year since she was found on the street in DC, and rescued. This is the time to get the shots renewed, not from when we adopted her in December. Hard to imagine it's been 10 months already that she's been with us. A national treasure she is. 

Digits below this awesome slice. Damn, that was good.

digits

exercise: 12/12 hours.  20 min. inside walk. 7k steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 177
4:15pm: 217 (argh, banana bread!) 
9:45pm: 211

food:
coffee/water
11:30am: english muffin w/pb & sugar free jam
noon: metformin
3pm: 2 really really tasty tasty slices of banana bread w/butter
6:30pm: chinese food: some combo fried rice, general tso's chicken, sesame beef, dumplings, spring roll. vodka tonic
7pm: metformin+jardiance
9:45pm: pepperoni snack 

No comments:

Post a Comment