Sunday, October 06, 2024

Out And About

When I was in New Jersey, Saturday morning, my plan was to take a river walk along the Hudson while my friends went out to breakfast with their friend. I didn't want to glom on them, even though waffles at iHop I wanted them to enjoy their time together. Picking this particular hotel gave me the option for a wonderful stroll. 

I had set up late check out, thinking I could sleep in and still get out for a walk. But, I just did not. I didn't. I was tired. The day before was a lot, a lot of travel, a lot of walking, a lot of subway, some me being scared to go up to 177th street to get the uber instead of getting one from say Penn Station or something. I followed Ben's thinking and it all worked out, but I would not have done that if I was alone or with my sister. It helps Ben is a quadrippleton black belt in Kung Fu. If anyone would mess with us, heck. Ben. 

We probably saved 50 bucks, but it was so far to travel that night. And when I did get up, and eat my breakfast, and shower, then I started in on looking at youtube videos on the internet, it ended up at 1pm, and it was time to head to the lobby instead of the river. Time to go. No good walk and no real enjoyment of the Edgewater scene. Next time, New Jersey. I know more about how to work this, to avoid 500 dollar hotels, and not spend a butt ton of money on ubers. 

I slept in incredibly late today. I so very rarely sleep past 11 but conditions were right. Geoff was very quiet and left for work without making a racket. Doug was in the guest room with Toffee, and I think he even slept late. I heard her food hit the dish at some point and had brief awareness of toffee time. It may have been 10 or so. But I rolled over and continued to sleep.

11:15. Wow. 

Anyway, missing the first 2 hours of the daily step count, I figure today was to be just a take it easy day. Around 2pm we left to take the mini to the dealership for some work (it is running like absolute shit and that needs addressed). We drove up and the dealership is around the corner from one of our health care labs so I asked if we could go in, and I could do the blood draw they've been nagging me to do for weeks. 

It is so annoying that I have a lab an hour from my house, but they are only open 7-5. I'm not a morning person so going at 7am is not going to happen. And I work past 5. Unless I do something gracious for myself, and actually stop working and go take care of me (imagine that) I am not going to make it over there in time. 

There were three phlebotomists on duty. Two were playing cards and I joked around with them that I didn't want to interrupt their flow, so the other one could help me. No other patients were there. I was in and out in about 4 minutes. Doug was irritated that I wanted to do this, he told me to just go to the one by our house and make time for it, but I don't just have the walk away and do that flexibility he thinks I do. 

He thought I'd be in there forever, so he irritatedly took the dog for a walk around the building to get some steps in for himself. I walked around the parking lot solo for 8 minutes waiting for him, since I was only in there for 4. My fitbit didn't register as "exercise" at all because I think it doesn't unless your heart rate is over 110 and 10 minutes go by?

He came back and we got ready to leave for our next errand. I got email while I was in the parking lot with the test results. The benefits of going and doing this on a Sunday afternoon! Not only the phlebotomists are bored, but the lab was probably just sitting there waiting for something to do... 

My reading for PT/INR is a little high, so tomorrow I anticipate a call from the anti-coagulation unit to change my dosage for a week and go back and retest next week. Note to self, eat more leafy greens. And my A1C is 7.5, down from 7.7 in March. Barely a nudge. But, a nudge. Better than nothing, right?

We stopped at the auto parts store and he got bulbs for the headlights (turns out he got the wrong ones, so he has to go out again to get the right ones). And new windshield wipers, wiper fluid, a bunch of other things to help get the cars ready for the fall and whatnot. I have a hard time seeing at night anymore so having a headlight out in the better of our two cars is not an option. 

On the way home we thought it would be fun to stop at the brewery near us that we like. Turns out everyone in America thought it would also be fun to do. We couldn't even turn down the street. It's a gorgeous day, so I guess I cannot blame people for getting out and enjoying it. The ten day forecast for this week is also looking so good. I'm rather excited. Will I finally get to sit out on the patio and work! Man, I hope so! 

The other news is Jess is coming to house sit for someone that I work with, who I've never met. I guess one of the folks they house sit for up north recommended them, and so yeah. That's happening. They get here next Friday and will be around for three weeks while my mystery co-worker that I don't know goes on a trip. Maybe her honeymoon? Maybe a work trip? I have no idea! Jess gave me the address and it is so super easy to get to and from on the Metro. I think we'll keep their car here, and then they can metro up and we can metro down and we can see each other and yay. 

Doug and I had planned on going away for the weekend, leaving Friday, since next Monday I have the day off, and he took it off. But with Jess arriving (I thought it was the following weekend, oops) we'll just take off on Sunday and stay one night away. This will be good on Geoff so he can just go to work at noon, kennel the dog, and one of us will be back in time to rescue her. 

That's about it for a lazy Sunday that wasn't 100% devoid of action, but definitely not a thrillah. No picture today, maybe tomorrow from working on the patio!








digits

exercise: 10/12 hours.  Missed 9 and 10am. No exercise/walk that was measurable. 5k by bedtime

blood glucose:

11:15am: 174
4:15pm: 168  
10:30pm: 190 (170 in another finger. I hate monitoring my blood sugar)

food:
coffee/water
11:30am: slice of cheese danish
noon: Metformin
1:30pm: turkey & muenster on 647 toasted italian bread w/mayo
4:30pm: more danish; glass of red wine
6pm: 2 cheeseburgers, no buns, a little potato salad
7:30pm: small slice of pumpkin pie w/ whipped cream. Didn't finish it because it was ... too sweet. Yes. you read that right. I did not like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment