Wednesday, October 02, 2024

Surprise Visitors

Doug got up at some point in the night and went to the guest room. I do the same thing sometimes, too. It's easier to start listening to a podcast without waking up the other person at 3am or so. Sometimes, when you're wide awake, that's just the thing to do. 

I had set my alarm for 7 to make sure he got up to get ready for work, but then reset it for 7:30 because that was stupid early. I heard his alarm go off too. Alright, we don't need my redundancy. I turned off mine, and reset it for when I actually wanted to get myself up, and somehow didn't set set it. Not sure what happened. 

I didn't hear a thing happening. Didn't hear Geoff who is usually so noisy in the morning getting ready to go to the gym, didn't hear Doug hit the shower, and come into the bedroom to get dressed. Didn't hear anyone feed Toffee. 

Next thing I know it is 9am on the nose. Toffee is snoring and snuggled up behind my legs. Everyone else is out of the house. Huh. 

I got up, went to the bathroom, did the blood sugar, the 9am steps, got the cup of coffee, came back to the bedroom and she was still in my bed looking like a tempting little baked potato wanting to warm my buns... but no. 

Go to work. 

Go to work. 

I looked over to where Doug sits on the couch and his work laptop was sitting there. He left without his laptop. Doh. 

He had a meeting scheduled with his boss and ... she's on vacation. Doh. He got a loaner computer at work and was able to put in plenty of time.  


Meanwhile, here at home, I got a message from a friend who would be driving close by my house on the way back to NY. Would it be okay to have a visit? Sure thing! 


It has been YEARS since we last saw each other. Back in 2011 when we drove to Ohio for a funeral. 

Here's the blog entry on that. It put a smile on my face to look back on that trip and read about our adventures. But wow. What a long time ago that was and is.

We had a short but sweet visit, about an hour. I had a 4pm meeting that I couldn't punt. He was traveling with his partner who had work to do down in Virginia. She was sweet and wonderful and lovely, and I wish we had a lot more time together to chat. 

Anyway. Good day overall. Very happy day. 
Here is a picture of the three of us. His CG, and me. The other CG! 

Digits below. Per usual.







digits

exercise: 12/12 hours.  No exercise today, 5500 steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 185
4:30pm: 154  
9:45pm: 184  

food:
coffee/water
10am: English Muffin w/pb
noon: metformin
6pm: chicken fajita meat w/ avocado spread, queso dip, onion, peppers, chipotle corn mix 
7:30pm: metformin+jardiance
8:30pm: entenmann's chocolate donut
red wine+diet ginger ale

No comments:

Post a Comment