Tuesday, July 25, 2023

He Passed

 The Boy took his licensing exam today, and passed. Much relief. 

He's not good with practical tests. He has the concepts down and knows his material inside and out. But he tests poorly. There's no way around that. 

But he passed, and he can't enroll in the academic program to take the next step up in his education because he missed the deadline for enrollment, so he'll do that next fall, 2024. 

And now he can apply for and get a job. 

A couple of places he talked to on the phone said he'd be a great candidate if he had his licensure. And now he does. So he can reach back out, and get a job. 

When my dad died, and my mom told me the funeral would be in two weeks, I was terrified it would be this week, so we were able to do it last Friday and get him back here to take the test. This was very important. 

I took him to the testing center, rather than have him drive there and have to find parking which was not an option in the town where he was. 

Dropping him off I asked "how long is this test?" 

He said "I have 2 and a half hours to complete it." 

Oh crap. I should have brought my laptop, found a library, and worked. 

Instead I drove out of town, just trying to find a place to be and spotted a Starbucks on the other side of the road. I did a U-turn, parked and chatted with C until he texted me to let me know he was done.  

I'm so relieved, I am sure he is too. 

Funerals often fall at times that are utterly inconvenient. And thankfully this wasn't a problem. 

Glad we got it all done. whew.

no picture today. Sorry!





digits

exercise: 10/12 hours of 250 steps. Missed an hour due to meetings and being stuck in traffic

blood glucose:

9:15am: 177
no reading in the 4pm range - away from home
9:45pm: 163

food:

coffee, water
9:30: 2 strips of bacon
11:30am: metformin
12:30pm: 2 pbj sammitches on 647 bread (shhhh, i was hungry)
4:30pm: chocolate croissant at Starbucks
6:30pm: Metformin+jardiance
7:30pm 4 sausages, sautéed squash+onions
white wine




No comments:

Post a Comment