Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Leaking

The other day I mentioned the Mini is leaking oil. 

We took it to our mechanic to get an oil change and he was able to do the oil change but he can't fix the gaskets. Some cars are special. And some Minis, some VWs, some BMWs, they can't service because they don't have the tools and training. Luckily he knows a guy. I gave him a call yesterday morning and he apologized that he couldn't see us until this Wednesday. 

Dude. That's perfect. Thank you yes. 

The dog is also leaking. Well, he's peeing a lot, and dripping on the floor, which is a for sure sign of a UTI. He's not bleeding and he's not crying when trying to go so this is good. 

For months now he's not been sleeping through the night. Part of it is the bed, he hates it. he gets up for an hour and gets off and then will not settle down to go to sleep. Lately it is 2 or 3 times a night, straight to the door. The other night he was out cold on the couch, and Geoff had closed our bedroom door so I did not hear him when he tried to come wake me up. 

He peed all over the floor in the hall, and got up in the guest bed and went to sleep. I woke up at 3 or 4 am surprised that I'd been asleep that long, realized the dog was closed. I stepped out into the hall, right into the puddle. He got up, ran straight to the door because it had been a whole 2 hours. Okay buddy - out you go and here comes the cleaning stuff, paper towels, and me washing my foot. 

The good thing is I'm a light sleeper and a very good sport. I've taken to sleeping with him in the guest room, even though I'd like to sleep in my new bed, but he is not sleeping in our bedroom and I want to hear him. And the guest bed is comfy. 

He falls asleep quickly and easily if we're in the bed with him - he hates to be alone. Geoff watches TV in the living room until usually 1am, but I'm super able to fall asleep even with the X-Files on.

I have been calling the vet every morning at 8am to check on any availability/openings and nothing. I should just schedule an appointment when it is available (3 weeks!) because I feel like we've pissed (ha. no pun intended) a week away already just trying to get in. 

He also is falling down, legs shooting out from under him, falling backward down the stairs, unable to jump up on couch/bed. Doug thinks he has spinal stenosis, like Jack did. I think he needs chondroitin and/or glucosamine to help the legs/joints maybe. Not sure. So I want him to be checked out. 

A kid went down the street on an electric scooter today and this little monster ran up and down the yard barking his brains out. If he was truly unable to run/move due to spinal stenosis, well, he never would be able to do that. 

Anyway. 

Things are leaking. And hopefully we can get them fixed very soon. 

I thought I took a picture today but I didn't. Oh well. Suffice to say, Goodnight!! 






digits

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  dedicated 10+4. pokemon walk

blood glucose:

8:30am: 179
5pm: 182
10pm: 161

food:

coffee, water
10:30am - geoff's leftover burned pizza cheese
12:15: bowl of chicken salad w/ red grapes, walnuts, cream cheese, mayo; metformin 
1:00 2nd bowl of chicken salad whilst putting away the chicken salad
3-4: a couple chunkas of red bliss potatoes whilst making potato salad
red wine
6pm: 2 hotdogs, no buns, and potato salad (w/ hard boiled egg, bacon, herbs from my garden, red bliss potatoes, mayo, red wine vinegar, mustard) 
7pm: metformin+jardiance
8:45: some crackers w/peanut butter
9pm: protein shake

No comments:

Post a Comment