Sunday, July 02, 2023

A quick note

Hello... here's an entry. Mostly to preserve the digits, since I am tracking them. I don't really have a lot of time to write a full entry. We're at Doug's mom's. Having a nice visit, not a lot of stress, it's good. I'm enjoying this visit. 

It has been raining, a lot. I think the plan was maybe possibly to go to Pittsburgh tomorrow, but if it doesn't work out, I'll ask Doug if he wants to take a spin into Dahntahn on Tuesday, just to drive through it before we head home. 

The big activity of today was on Sundays, Doug's sister comes here with the kids and they have pizza. So. We had pizza, and a nice visit with our niece and nephew, Doug's sister and her husband. A very nice time. Doug's mom carted out dozens of paperweights, some of which she's been asking us if we want for years. Doug has expressed, no. He is not interested. But she keeps bringing it up and asking if we want to take them. Instead of saying "some of these have meaning, your dad picked them out. I would like for you to have them."

There's a certain way to tell someone "take these things" but she phrases it as such that he says "no, I do not want them." When he finally says "okay, I want this one," she says "well you and your sister are going to have to discuss that and work it out," which means "your sister wants that one." Instead of putting it aside somewhere to indicate it is not "on the table," hahaha, no - it's there in the mix. 

So Doug says "fine, I don't want any of the others, that's the only one that interests me."

I picked 4 of them. She has a lot of weights that are marketing/promotional weights in this batch, and I don't care to have some weight from an insurance agent in Pittsburgh. I like the ones that are just flowers or designs, and no words. So she had 4. I asked Doug's sister if she wanted any of them and she said no - all set, go ahead, those are yours. 

There are ways to have discussions. I think that one works, unless later, I hear that she did want one of them but... 

You know how it goes. 

This was the most stress of the visit. Taking 4 not wanted paperweights, knowing she has dozens more back at the other house. 

A quick picture, I caught my niece's reflection in this paperweight, and it is fun to take pictures of reflections in paperweights. 

Alright. more later. 

digits:

Saturday
exercise
: 6/12 hours of 250 steps. trapped in car for 4.5 hours, didn't stop for breaks/walking because doug was driving and he does not obey the fitbit gods.

blood glucose:

8:15am: 150
5pm: 142
10pm: 227

food:

coffee, water
11am: metformin, protein shake, baby bell
noon: some sliced ham, 3 slices of muenster
5pm: steak salad, 3 beers
6:45pm: metformin+jardiance
3 more beers (big mistake), 11pm: baby bell


Sunday
exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps.  Missed noon steps, I was talking to my MIL and thought it would be rude to jump up from the table so I let it slide and stayed in conversation.

blood glucose:

9:15am: 174
4:15pm: 152
9:45pm: 175

food:

coffee, water
11am: 1 slice of whole wheat toast w/pb
1pm: metformin
4:20pm: 3 small slices of pizza, large plate of salad
5:30pm: Metformin+jardiance


No comments:

Post a Comment