Friday, July 28, 2023

Just the digits

The Bart post I shared earlier has no digits. So I am putting them here instead. In their own post. I also asked Lin if she wanted to write something up from her perspective, share her thoughts and feelings and experiences. We had a long chat this evening about stuff we each remember. People, places, things, smells, scents, the whole shebang. I left when I was 17. She stayed until she was in her 30s. We each have different memories.

I'm thinking we can place a lot of thoughts and memories here, for the record, forever.

Today was a super busy day, I was supposed to call a friend who needed an ear and shoulder. And I was so busy that I blew it and didn't call her. Will make it up to her. 

We're coming up on 10 days until leaving for Maine, so I need to get back on my bullshit with everything planning-wise and clothing-wise. Bracelets and Crafts. 

Tomorrow I'm meeting with Sara to see if we can salvage the dress she bought because it is too small.  

We'll get it figured out. If I have to throw her in a car and go to David's Bridal and buy something in person. 

My dress is too big, which is good. I kind of feel like I need a corset & bustierre  (spelling) to help with what I have. Maybe I can look into that. I don't know that I need to go to a seamstress but that may help it fit a little better. Not sure I'll have time. But it is better than a dress that is too small.

I gained 6 pounds while we were in Massachusetts and am back in the swing of things for me with tracking food and blood sugar. The 6 pounds have retreated and I'm back to where I was before we left. I also think I had a lot of fluid retention, swollen feet, and medication helped with that. The entire time we were away I was off the charts with food. I ate pizza because we were out of pizza jail (so good), and scallops every freaking day. Again, so good. And I am longing for more scallops. Looking forward to having more when we go back up in August.

We had a giant thunderstorm tonight, which was so nice, but the heat isn't supposed to break until Sunday. I asked Doug if we would maybe do something fun tomorrow, but he said that it was going to be way too hot to do fun things. So that makes it easy to go out with Sara to work on dress stuff. 

I kind of can't wait for it to be cooler. For me to be looking for 85 degrees is hilarious. 

Doug did some some farmer stuff today. We have some pretty tomatoes, lots of squash and zucchini, jalapeno peppers.  

My picture today is a yummy tomato that I picked, and ate immediately. Ignore the lines, it started to split from growing and I caught it before it got any worse. 

The benefits of summer backyard farming. I have to go out and weed and work on those morning glories, but ... it is too hot still. Digits below the summer bounty.

digits

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 

blood glucose:

9:15am: 180
5pm: 173
9:30pm: 156

food:

coffee, water
10:30: triscuits+hummus
11:30: pbj on 647 italian bread
12:30: Metformin
1:30pm: 3 small leftover chicken thighs from the other night's dinner
6:15pm: bowl of linguine & meat sauce
7pm: metformin+jardiance
vodka tonic+ low sugar splash of cran
8:30pm: ramekin of mixed nuts


No comments:

Post a Comment