Thursday, July 27, 2023

King of the Hoffala

A couple weeks ago, my sister told me Facebook Memories showed her a picture I took of dad in 2013, when he was in the hospital for Congestive Heart Failure. 

I mentioned it here the other day too, and said I'd gotten him a Burger King crown, and put it on his head. He thought it was very funny and wore it the whole time I was there. All the nurses thought it was a riot.

I pronounced him King of the Hoffala. All Hail.

(Hoffala is what Linda used to call Hospital. In case I've never mentioned it.)

I don't know if he kept the hat at all or left it at the hospital when he was discharged. But for that little while, for that visit, we had fun.

Because I missed the Facebook memory, AND because facebook doesn't have a way to page back in your memories to see a day you missed, AND because Facebook does not have a way to search your own photos (ie: search by year/date/month/name of person in picture) I spent a ton of time scrolling backwards through the infinite scroll of time to July 11, 2013 to find this snap. 

It was quite the effort and I'm glad I did it.

Ten years makes a lot of difference. 

Ten years makes a lot of difference between a 3 year old and a 15 year old, and a 73 year old and an 83 year old. 

Anyway. Digits below. 





digits

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.   First fulfilled 12 out of 12 day in almost 2 weeks. whew.

blood glucose:

8:45am: 171
5:15pm: 180
9:45pm: 178

food:

coffee, water
11:30am: protein shake, small bowl of mac & cheese with bacon; metformin
2:45pm: bunch of pepperoni slices
5:45pm: chicken parm
6:30: metformin+jardiance 

No comments:

Post a Comment