Wednesday, July 12, 2023

What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway

The other day on the Guster fan page someone was unloading tickets to one of the Counting Crows shows in NY or New England. I commented "Wish it was the show in Maryland, I'd take you up!"

Someone I didn't know messaged me to say "We have tickets we need to get rid of, we can't make the show."

Now, sometimes people on our public discussion board are scammers. I went to this person's profile and looked at how many times they'd posted about Guster (lots) and checked to see if they lived locally (yes). So I emailed her back. I asked her what was up with the tickets, what were the circumstances that they were letting them go (I'm still wary of people being scammers). She said her partner threw his back out, couldn't make the show, and she wasn't going to go without him so she picked up a shift at work. She gave me his cel number, sent evidence that she was a Guster fan and not a full of shit scammer, and someone trustworthy. She told me I should text her partner. 

So I did. 

He got back to me with the same story. I asked how much, he said that he didn't want any money for the tickets - he just wanted someone to go to the show who loves the band, since he couldn't make it. Because no money was at stake, I gave him the email address associated with my Ticketbastard account, and the tickets showed up. 

I told him, c'mon man. Let me pay you something for this. He said no. I said I can't let that be, so what's their favorite local restaurant, you're local, let's meet up I'll buy you dinner. He said they'll be at the Guster show in Pittsburgh so I said "I GOT YOU" and will be buying them something - dinner, craft beer, something. 

"I've never seen Counting Crows, this would have been my first time seeing them. Please let me know how the show is."

Well for sure, I will. 

We just got home, tired, sweaty, and ready for bed. Write up and hopefully a couple good pictures tomorrow. And I'm so sorry this guy missed the show. Absolutely sorry. But I was happy to be there. 


All the things below.


digits

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. a couple of dedicated 10s almost 10k steps, but not quite!

blood glucose:

9:15am: 165
5pm: 124
11:30pm: 212

food:

coffee, water
9:45am: 2 blueberry muffins a la Doug
11:45am: chicken salad; metformin
2:30pm: protein shake
6:30pm: 3 tacos, one margarita, a lot of water, 1 beer; metformin+jardiance
11:30pm: several slices of turkey, sad that i'm out of protein shakes! doh.

No comments:

Post a Comment