Wednesday, April 10, 2024

An Open Mic Night

An exceptionally busy day at work resulted in me being just exhausted from all the stuff. 

I told mom I was going to take a walk in town like I did yesterday, and would stop and get myself dinner. I needed the walk, and I didn't want to cook myself dinner. She didn't want anything, she was just going to eat a PBJ sandwich. 

So I didn't want to lift a finger for anyone, much less just me. 

I went to town and didn't get as long a walk as yesterday as it started raining. I ducked into the Mexican restaurant, which was hopping at 6pm, and got a single seat to enjoy a meal. 


Got a beer from a local brewery who used to have a tap room the next town over, but, that has closed. Sadly. We like their beer and I'm sad they are not there anymore, so I was happy to see this available. Got a chimichanga with steak, and ate the rice with it even though that was carb-riffic. But it was so tasty. 

After dinner, I stopped up the road at the brewery actually in downtown and they were hosting an open mic night. I walked in to some Counting Crows and they were doing a good job. I asked if they knew any Guster and one of the guys did - and played Satellite.

Three beers later my mom called to ask where I was with the car. She doesn't like it when I'm gone long. Remnants of her freaking out when dad took the car and went places. I was annoyed because this was an exceptionally fun time for me. I was singing along to Social Distortion and the Grateful Dead. I bought beer to go home with, and was very happy for the time there. The guy who knew the one Guster song said "Come back next time, I'll play more Guster!" 

Gotta be honest, dude. I'm not sure when I'll be back here for an open mic night but good job on the Gusters. I appreciate you! 

Digits below.

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 15 minute walk in town; 7000+steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 174
4:15pm: 185
10:45pm: 312 (thanks beer and rice)

food:

coffee/water 
11:15: Metformin; pb & low sugar jelly on Keto bread
6pm: steak chimichanga w/guac. sour cream, salsa, refried beans, rice; beer
8pm: metformin+jardiance
through the evening 4 more beers
10pm: a couple pieces of colby jack cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment