Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Cruise People

I have friends that go on a lot of cruises. I also have friends that go to Disney a lot. I don't think either of those things appeal to me. We went to Disney once when he attended a conference and I tagged along. But I'm not into rides or humans in giant stuffed animal costumes. And cruises make me feel the same way. I'm just not into being trapped for 4, 7, 11 days with strangers in a place I can't really escape from. And Norovirus. Everyone gets Norovirus on cruises. Not interested.

We got a flyer in the mail the other day for a 6 day Alaska cruise out of Seattle, for 362.00 per person. Doug said that sounds fantastic. We'd obviously have to pay for airfare, and if we go all the way out there, I'd like to maybe see Aaron or something. So the 6 days would turn into 10. And the 362 per person would end up around like 800 per person when all is said and done. We would go in the fall, maybe late fall, according to Doug. He said "it'll be cold." I replied "we'll have a better chance of possibly seeing the Northern Lights." 

Still.

The bigger question is, are we cruise people?  

I don't think we are.

Anyway. He's looking into it. I'm unconvinced. and I'm going to bed. 

Here's my dog. And my cheezits. Digits below.

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps; no dedicated 10; 5500+steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:45am: 154
5:30pm: 143
10pm: 183

food:

coffee/water
10:30am: english muffin w/pb and low sugar strawberry jam
12:30pm: metformin
6:30pm: 2 chicken cluck pucks, some tater tots, mayo/ketchup; white wine
7:30pm: metformin+jardiance
8pm: cheezits

No comments:

Post a Comment