Thursday, April 04, 2024

Lawyer Office Trip

She was dressed, ready, and out in the car at 10:10 for an 11am meeting 30 minutes away. I still had emails to finish and slacks to answer but I closed my laptop, went to the bathroom, and went out to the car. 

The weather outside was frightful, as the song goes. Sheets of rain, flooded roads. I assured her I'd get her there and if we were late at all, they'd understand. 

Her knuckles were white the whole time. Driving up Rte 3, the conditions were brutal. Grey everywhere, road spray and white vehicles with no lights on. It's the law in Massachusetts you dipshits, windshield wipers going put on your lights. 

"I can't see the road," she said, gripping the OH JESUS handle over her head, "Chrissie, I can't see the road." 

"It's okay mom, I can," I answered. "I've got you. Don't worry about it." 

We were on time. Everything went smoothly. I was slightly confused about one thing that we still need to do, but, I asked them to put a yellow sticky note on the thing that I have to take to both of her banks, and we'll get that done while I'm here. 

I offered to take her to lunch but she wants to go her usual day tomorrow. So we came home, I made a turkey sammitch for myself and she had a pbj and went to nap. 

Got my work day all done, took a ride out to catch pokemon and spin pokestops and dropped into Lucky Goat brewing. Why not. I'm in downtown. 

A hugely busy day, and I'm tired. Digits below. 



exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  no dedicated 10. 4500+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 183
6pm: 174
10pm: 211

food:

coffee/water 
1pm: Metformin; turkey and american cheese sandwich on Keto bread (1 g Net carb each slice)
7pm: metformin+jardiance; left over turkey dinner (with potatoes and stuffing, gravy); 2 beers
10pm: Triscuits+peanutbutter; one more beer

No comments:

Post a Comment