Saturday, April 06, 2024

An Eagle Court and a Late Night

I went to the Eagle Court today. My friend was surprised that her son named her as her Eagle Mentor. Sometimes you look at a relationship for a while, from a distance, and you say "no, of course he did. Of course. You are."

The Eagle Ceremony was nice. Three Eagles and a lot of time, each boy got their moment in the sun and it was beautiful. I got cards for each of them and put 20 bucks in each. Wrote a little congratulations note. Only my friend's son will really know who I am. All three Eagle projects were so impressive. I got to talk to each Scout about their experience. And it made me really really homesick for our Troop in MA. 

Sometimes I do pine. 

After the Eagle Ceremony, I headed back and hit up Jess at the hotel. We sat and chatted for a bit and I thought I may want to go take a nap. Out in the parking lot, Molly drove up and I was like oh okay, let's go back in and get you settled and stuff. 

We ended up at dinner at mom's foodrinkery. She didn't want to come out, but we brought her a tuna boat and hung out. We chatted and spent time. I know my mom loves telling the stories, and there are plenty. Jess knows some but Molly doesn't, so we had a lot of laughs.

After 11:30 the kids left. I'm exhausted, and hope to have some more fun tomorrow. 

And maybe a nap. 

Here's a picture from the Eagle ceremony. "Mom, you got your Eagle but they gave the badge to me!" 

Digits below.

exercise: 10/12 hours of 250 steps.  No dedicated 10. 5900+steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9:30am: 190
6pm: 174
11pm: 170

food:

coffee/water 
1pm: metformin; salad, chicken parm, bbq chicken strip; stuffed shell
6pm: buffalo chicken strips, garden salad; white wine
7:30pm: metformin+jardiance
11pm: blueberry muffin w/ butter (sorry not sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment