Tuesday, April 02, 2024

No Trump, No Toilet

Lin and I checked out of our hotel this morning after working until noon. Thankful for late checkout. We hit the grocery store for mom. I didn't buy food for me, we just knew she needed dixie plates, and I wanted to get some more milk in case she was running low. 

Oh, and wine. Yes wine. 

She needed Ultra Strong Dixie Plates, because heaven forbid a dish gets washed. And she wanted us to see if there was any lemon loaf (they don't have it. New season: Lemon Raspberry). While there, I should have gotten some dinner things but I only grabbed english muffins so I can have a pb muffin for breakfast. I wasn't thinking beyond this afternoon.

We came back here to mom's and I called a plumber because she's having toilet trouble and all she could do was bitch about it. 

"Did you call a plumber?" 

"No." 

Of course you didn't. Give me his number. I will call the plumber.

She explains the happenings in such vivid and disgusting detail that I had to tell her "okay I get it. Gross please stop." At the restaurant she was started telling us something  about Donald Trump, and Linda stopped her, she didn't want to talk about that man while having lunch and eating food. 

So I chimed in, "Just like we don't want to talk about the toilet. No Trump, No Toilet."

That was about the extent of it. 

Lin hit the road after she ate, and I wanted to hit the pillows. Mom and I got back here and started looking for some paperwork she's going to need for Thursday. Mom started futzing with something and I had to get back to work. We'll find the thing tomorrow at some point.

At about 5:30, I figured I should run out and get food that is suitable for me. Not just lemon loaf and blueberry muffins and such. Eggs. Salad shit. goat cheese for an omelet. I got some Mac & Cheese that I can make for her and me, and I'll put meat in it. Carb Balance flour tortilla wraps that I can make a chicken quesadilla out of. Yes please.

I got out of Walmart just as the storm really started to come up. We'll be socked in for a few days. I am thinking of upgrading my Planet Fitness to black card, but it is kind of far from here (if you think 6 miles is far). How often would I ever use black card? I don't go anywhere that I need a gym really. I don't know. I'll sleep on it. Maybe tomorrow I'll need an escape. 

The toilet is working just fine, thanks for asking.

Jess messaged me that they wanted to come down on Saturday with the Bestie Molly. I booked them a room at the hotel. Then they messaged me that they wanted to come down Friday night. I added another day. I'm very much looking forward to Molly and Jess.

Saturday, I have a BSA Eagle court of honor to attend. A college friend lives here in town and her son got his so their troop does one big Eagle ceremony for the kids that year. Cool. Invited. Going. Gotta verify the time. Jess and Molly can visit with Shirley or entertain themselves. Maybe the storm will be gone? Hopefully. They can walk around town or the beach or go to New Bedford (don't tell grandma).

Last note. Everyone online is talking about the On the Ocean festival that Guster just announced the solidifying of the jello for. Tickets go on sale Friday. Everyone is scrambling to pick a hotel! Do I get VIP or regular admission?! I'm traveling with my 3 kids! What will this festival be like for them! 

I can't even think about getting past maybe putting sheets on this bed and getting in it. But it is only Tuesday. Only Tuesday. We'll get through. 

One of the things I need to do is go through the pictures that my girl C sent me. She sent some really sweet ones. Here's one of me and Linda. I look like I'm not smiling but I think she just caught be before I got my grin on. C you're reading this so thank you so very much for pictures. I'll mix them with mine for an overall gorgeous album presentation. 

I miss Linda already. I missed her in the parking lot when we said goodbye. Here we are at the rooftop bar at the MGM. Ready for some Gusters. 

Digits below.

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  No exercise. Hotel gym closed for renevations. 6400+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 164
5pm: 195
10:15pm: 194

food:

coffee/water 
10:30am: about 2 oz of cheddar (last of the block)
11am: Metformin
1:30pm: fried chicken sandwich w/ side salad. pickle. 2 beers
8pm: Metformin+jardiance; about 10 triscuit crackers with peanut butter
white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment