Sunday, April 21, 2024

Random stuff pretending to be an entry

Sorry if you read the blog and you realized I didn't post yesterday and you are wondering if I am ok. I'm fine. I just needed a device break so I didn't even start an entry yesterday. Friday night I talked to my sister for a while on video, and while we were talking I was working on a helpdesk issue. A client had asked how to do something last Tuesday, I asked him for more details and then didn't hear from him. Until Friday night. It was kind of urgent, and it came in when I was still working, but I missed his message. 

I felt compelled to assist, so I got everything fixed up for him, but felt drained from the day, the week, the life. I answered some more helpdesk tickets, some that I wanted to encourage people to write me back, soon, on issues they are experiencing. 

I'm also doing that horrible thing where I have to do something and there is a deadline, and I've had MONTHS to do this but I just can't get out of my own way. The person emailed me to ask what's up late on Friday, and I feel like shit for thinking about this every day and not doing it. 

So I had to write back an "I'm sorry, I suck so much" message but tone and styled it in a way that would make it sound like I'm on it. I'm on it! I'M. ON. IT!" for her, and yes, I have to be on it. I have to do it. 

Why am I this way. 

Do I have like, an executive function disorder? That has always been there, but is just extra bad? I'm not sure. 

Anyway. 

Linda has been working on prayer cards, and has not been happy with what she's making. Not because of her skills but the online products. The preview on the website shows this giant photo, but the picture on the card is small, and you can't make it bigger. 

I found a possible replacement but I'm super afraid we won't be able to get it in time for next Saturday so I'm again, wondering why I can't get my shit together to do things. 

My neighbor is doing some serious work to his house, all I've heard all day is hammering and crashing. I think he's ripping out the downstairs bathroom. Very loudly. And then he throws stuff into the back of a really nice, high-end good looking pickup truck. I'm like ... guy. You're going to destroy that truck bed! 

I hope he doesn't do this all day tomorrow. 

We have a plant that Doug brought home from his mom's. We overwintered it in the house, but didn't water it. I think that is our mistake? The internet tells me that we can revive this but Doug isn't too too sure that's gonna be the case. 

I feel like this plant sometimes. Is there hope for me and my shrivelly brain? Am I dried up and not capable or able to rally back? Do I just need sunlight and warmth, and some water?

I guess there is only one way to find out, and that's to give it a shot. My office Slack has a channel for gardening, so I went there to ask the advice of my colleagues. We'll see what they say. 

Here is my sad ass plant.

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps,  20 min inside walk; 6200+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

10am: 183
4:30pm: 181
10pm: 155

food:

coffee/water
11am: metformin
2pm: pbj, low sugar j and keto bread  
4:30pm: wine & zero sugar ginger ale
7pm: pot roast w/ onions, carrots, potatoes etc. 4 small cornbread muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment