Friday, April 05, 2024

Looking forward to not working

We have a slack-bot that asks us questions like "hey, what are you listening to now. post a link or playlist!" or "It's almost the weekend. What are you looking forward to?"

Every Friday I'm tempted to answer "I'm looking forward to not working."

But especially this weekend. 

Work was super busy, I cranked until 5:30, stopped and took a walk, it was a little colder than I'd hoped, I should have gone out earlier like when I brought the trash barrel up and it was much nicer. But. I got a goodly amount of time in out there, before it started raining. 

After  my walk, I came back in to check in on a problem one of the clients was having with their website. Going into the weekend with a problem sometimes turns into an emergency page. I'm not on call, but I wanted to try and prevent the emergency if possible. No solution, but the guy said he's happy to wait until Monday. 

My mom went on errands today on her own, and out to her lunch spot. I couldn't afford to skip out, we were (as I said) super busy. I'm glad she got out and about. I watched her talking with a couple of her neighbors down the way, probably about all the excitement with the power outage on Wednesday.

Jess hit the road this afternoon and arrived around 7:45. I had gone over the hotel and checked them in. We ordered a pizza from a place that has me saved in their computer and they think my address is the hotel. I love it. I'd probably confuse them if I got delivery here at mom's or at the brewery. Ha. We sat and talked until 11 and I had promised my mom that I would set up the coffee and do the dishes. I told her not to do it. 

And she didn't. Good girl. Way to listen. Usually I tell her I'll do something and literally if I've not done it in 5 minutes she goes to do it. I told her that insults me. I'm working, it is the middle of the day. The trash guys came and went. I'll bring the barrel up when I'm looking for a break. Just let me do this thing for you. 

Tomorrow I'm going to an Eagle Court of Honor. The son of a friend from college got his Eagle this year and their troop does one ceremony for all the Eagles who ... Eagled. So there are three boys total this year. She told me that they came up through Scouting together from cubs, so this is very exciting for them to share this event together. I was honored she invited me. They live here in the same town, and it's been nice to get to re-know her while visiting. If I call her up while I'm at the hotel, she'll come running over to hang out and chat. They babysat Phineas during my dad's funeral here in July. They're super nice. 

After that, Jess' friend Molly will be down here too in order to hang out and visit. Very excited. I love Molly, she's fantastic, and I'm glad she and Jess are friends. There will be lots of talking.  Probably wine. PJs or Yoga Pants and just shooting the shit. 

Sunday the kids will head back north, hopefully we'll have the full day. I so wish it was warmer. A stroll by the canal would be lovely. Just lovely. 

Alright. Let's hit publish to get this in on its actual day! 

No picture - digits below






exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. A 20 min walk, interrupted by dog pats. Fitbit measured 17 minutes of movement. Heh. Dog pats; 7400+steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:45am: 178
6pm: 174
11:45pm: 277 (see medication time below)

food:

coffee/water 
noon: can of tuna w/mayo; metformin
7pm: 2 carb balance small tortillas w/ fajita chicken, melted cheese, guac and sour cream
8:30pm: 2 slices of pizza w/sausage and onion
11:15pm: Metformin+jardiance (forgot to take at dinner)

No comments:

Post a Comment