Friday, June 30, 2023

Grilled Chicken

Last night, I grilled 3 chicken breasts, 2 peppers, 2 onions for dinner. Doug looked at the pile of chicken and said "that's .... a lot of chicken." 

It was. But I had plans. 

Today's chicken salad is brought to you by the left over grilled spicy chicken, peppers, and onions. Left to sit together in the fridge in the container, they mixed their flavors with the mayo and cream cheese and blew my mind. Blew Doug's mind too. Very delicious. Absolutely wonderful. Doug had a giant bowl, and I had 2 smaller bowls, just so good we had to finish it up. 

I love when my plans come together. 

We're headed to Doug's mom for the weekend. Geoff is staying home with the dog. I asked him to make a food plan for everything past dinner tonight. He will have to go to the market. I hope he remembers to go pick up the dog's prescription. 

I feel bad about him having to stay behind, but it is what it is. Doug's sister is disappointed but I asked her what else we were expected to do, really. The dog isn't welcome, he's kind of a liability, and I can't deal with the stress. 

Tomorrow I think our plan is to leave before noon but we are in no gargantuan hurry. If tomorrow is anything like today, both of us were awake before 7, so in theory, we could be up, dressed, ready, out the door by 9. But more likely, I'll sleep until 9, we'll drink coffee, one of us will volunteer to shower and start thinking about getting ready. 

I made more bracelets this afternoon. My order for numbers came in, and, I got the epoxy I ordered to affix the tied off knots so they won't come apart. That's my next step. 

I have no picture today,  so digits below. 




digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.   dedicated 10+2

blood glucose:

7:15am: 171
4:30pm: 155
10pm: 157

food:

coffee, water
11:30: 2 bowls of chicken salad; left over grilled fajita chicken, peppers, onions, mayo, cream cheese
noon: Metformin
5pm: small bowl of linguine+meat sauce
6:30pm: Metformin+jardiance
wine



No comments:

Post a Comment