Tuesday, May 17, 2022

211

Hopefully tonight I'll get a good night's sleep, maybe. 

Last night was not cool. I tossed and turned, and of course, trying to turn is incredibly painful. At 3am I thought I might just be up for the day but I headed to the guest room with my phone to tune into the Lore podcast. We've been listening to Lore forever, mostly when we go to bed. I miss a lot because I fall asleep, so I go back and relisten to episodes.  I've listened to some episodes dozens of times already and it never bothers me. Aaron Mahnke's voice and Chad Lawson's piano playing are very soothing. 

I usually get through one 30 minute episode fully and am asleep, then I wake up in a whole new episode wondering how I made it from here to there. How did I make it from an episode about the underground buildings in Glasgow to Salem Witches? Time and topic travel!

The dog came and woke me up at 4:45 because he needed help answering the call of nature. I also needed to pee, so we both took care of the needs. He wakes me up instead of Doug because either Doug is just so good at not hearing him, or Doug on purpose does not respond. 

It was too early to feed him (never before 5:30 am, sorry dude). He paced and whined and eventually gave up, and went back to bed with Doug. I listened to some more Lore, fell back asleep. Woke up when the trash truck came down the street. Tuesday is trash day. They always arrive 10-15 minutes before my alarm. Always disappointing. 

I started work at 8:30, realized I had a 10 and 10:30 meeting, and hadn't showered so I let myself just look crummy on camera for both, and survived. 

At lunch, I ran over to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription. My doctor usually would send it via mail, but, I think you can't mail Tramadol. While there, she had said to swing up to the office and she'd look at my backend. But she wasn't in, sadly. 

I asked to use the scale, as the one I have in my bathroom is in my opinion a liar. I weighed myself before heading over and it said 222. I knew that was not the case, because at the Orthopaedist I was about 214. 

The guy at the desk let me in and I headed to my favorite digital scale. 

211.8 with clothes on, so I'll call that a solid 211. They usually take 2 pounds off for clothing but I don't think the clothes I had on weigh more than that pound-ish there. 

Making downward progress. On the way to 199. 


The digits! 

Blood Glucose:

8:45am 164
5 pm 150
9:30 pm 159

Food:

Coffee
Seltzer
water
Yogurt with blueberries 
small peppers and celery filled with spinach/artichoke dip, like little hors d'oeuvres. I thought Doug would like them but I guess I get more tomorrow! (He passed)
Grilled chicken wings in spicy buffalo sauce, bleu cheese, celery. Really good.


I was wondering if maybe the elevation of my blood sugar is related to the snacky snacks of cashews after dinner? I did not have any snacks because I was busy paying attention to making a huge slide deck. So no need to munch much. The other nights were hockey game related and I was nervous and ate a lot of nuts. 

Cashews, according to the internet, are very good for me and all my ailments. So that's not the issue. 

Gotta keep pondering. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment