Sunday, May 08, 2022

I did have a cookie


Geoff bought a full gallon of whole milk the other day because the store was out of half gallons. We usually don't go through a whole full gallon before it goes bad, so he put into motion a plan. He baked cookies.

I heard him futzing around in the kitchen and sighed because I knew what he was doing. Cookies. Some of my very favorite things on the planet. They came out beautifully. They smelled amazing. 

To be honest, it is very sweet. 

Even at almost 26, nothing like a tumbler of milk and a couple of cookies is a treat. It's something I love about him. I mentioned to him that I couldn't have any, and he looked at me like I said "you're making poop on a tray." He had forgotten my near zero carb lifestyle. So 30 for him. 

I had one cookie while I was putting them all away. I'll be honest. 


After I posted the blog entry yesterday with the glucose readings, I tested again at about 11pm, 2 hours post cookie, and it was 195. 

Shit. 

I was doing rather well during the day there with the food choices and all. 

Today I'm back on the not having cookies grind. I slept until 10. My friend said she was going to come over before church to give me a present but they slept in too and didn't go. So I think I'm going to swing over to her house and get whatever she got for me.

And bring her some cookies.

Blood Glucose

10am: 165
10pm: 175

Food:

Coffee
Seltzer
omelet with ham and swiss (this one came out perfect! as seen above) w/avocado & salsa on the side
handfuls of mixed nuts
Salmon (2 large beautiful slices) marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, scallions, parsley
Salad (mixed greens, tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers)

Oh and here's a picture of Phineas looking like a lil'baby in his recovery vest/onesie, which he is very tolerant of. Just for you. Because.



No comments:

Post a Comment