Friday, May 27, 2022

Day 5: the last day in boy town

Hit the ground running this morning with a 9am meeting, so I didn't get to walk to school with a Smol Boi. I did get a lot of steps in without the mile walk, which is nice, but that is something I am going to miss working into the day. The weather was perfect (it was raining a little today but we wouldn't have died from the drops), nice and cool in the high 60s low 70s. Just perfect. Just a lovely week. 

Tonight I thought we'd go out to eat so we went to a spot near their house that Doug and I have been to a few times, but they never had. We had a good meal, I ate low carb but got a gin & tonic (starting my vacation behavior a little early). Smol Boi wanted pizza and I knew this place was reliable for a good pie. 

While we were eating, I asked him if he liked the pizza and he said it is the best pizza he has ever had. His brother laughed and said "well, here in Maryland." Glad to introduce them to good pizza. 

I didn't get a lot of opportunity this week to hang out with the big brother this week.  He was grounded from seeing his girlfriend but was allowed to talk on the phone with her, so, he went to his room every night and talked to her on the phone until 10, and he gets up to leave for school at hella early. 


We talked about D&D, and music. He wants to learn the drums, his girlfriend loves Weezer and he doesn't really but he's been listening to them to try and feel the drums. I told him there is nothing more loving than giving your girlfriend's favorite band your attention.

We talked about true monsters of rock drumming, from John Bonham to Neil Peart, and Charlie Watts. He said he really enjoys jazz and kind of that simmering beat keeping, I told him Charlie Watts is the professor. He should invest some time in watching old Rolling Stones live tour videos, ignore Mick and Keith, and focus on Charlie. 

I also told him to check out Guster and watch Brian play drums. 

Of course I did.

Tonight I thought I'd show him some Brian videos but he's in his bedroom, on the phone, with the girlfriend.

I asked him about the girlfriend while we were at dinner, and if he had pictures. Tons of them. She's adorable, dyes her hair lots of color and has crazy cool fingernails. They make a cute couple. 

After dinner Smol Boi wanted to see my dog. So we came to my house and he patted the dog for a second and started playing with his Nintendo Switch. 

I told him he likes the idea of dog. 

So I snagged a pic of the older one giving Phin all the love and adoration. 

I let the Smol Boi watch tv while I came in here to chat with my sister and write this entry. He fell asleep on the couch sometime after 10:30. I thought about leaving him, but, bed is a great place. So I shuffled him down the hall and got him settled in. I told him how much fun I had this week and how awesome he was. And how I won't see him in the morning because I'll be gone by the time he wakes up, probably.

Tomorrow is going to come very early. I need to be back at the house at 6:30am to finish gathering up my stuff and get in the car to go to the airport. So I'm off to bed. 

But first, the daily numbers: 

Exercise: All over the place, nothing official, but still got over 5k steps in today without the walk. 

Blood Glucose:

8am: 165
1pm: 185
10pm: 160 
midnight: 173

Food: 

Coffee
Water
Seltzer
iced coffee
gin & tonic
2 "Truly" seltzers
2 leftover spicy sausages (11:30am)
leftover cucumber salad (11:30am)
a couple scoops of peanut butter (10am)
One chocolate chip cookie (baked by Geoff last night) (12:45pm
8 buffalo chicken wings caesar salad (with croutons) (6pm)

Gotta say, based on the amount of carbs involved in today's food, those blood sugar readings are surprisingly not horrible?

No comments:

Post a Comment