Thursday, May 19, 2022

Super busy day and some Coleslaw

Busy day today. One of my colleagues scheduled a meeting (I asked him to!) and he set it up for 9am (I did not ask for that). 

I am not a morning person. I'm barely conscious at 9am. 

I usually wake up at 8:45, do email, slack, team check in, shower after 10. But today was all meetings right out of the gate.

Today I was up at 8, showered, dressed, ready. I did the call and got the impression I was the only one awake. No questions, and a little bit of the mid distant stares from the folks on the call. Then I had a 10. Another at 10:30. An11 that was supposed to be a half hour and turned into 90 minutes because there was a lot to go over. A lot. 

I took a short break but it wasn't long enough to make something and eat it before my 1pm. And then 2pm arrived, a full hour break. And I had lunch. Finally. 

I was starting to get headachey from all the coffee and talking and the 90 minutes of arguing about QA testing. I had wanted to make chicken salad, but it was too late. I was too lazy to make tuna salad. And nothing else in the fridge looked or sounded good. I found 3 sausage patties in the freezer, whipped up 2 eggs, found some leftover chili, shredded some cheese. 

And in 10 minutes there was a giant beautiful egg thing on a plate in front of me. 

I spent a great deal of time talking to my sister tonight about our trip in August, we are spending a ton of money on hotels. More than I can let Doug know, to be honest. Have to figure out something affordable for the Monday night we are in Boston. Linda has big dreams of ocean views and harbor walks. And those hotels are a 700 bucks a night so I chuckled at her. I'll find something, but. ha. Hahahahha. No.

Alright. Ready for bed. The dog is telling me he is ready. I'll listen.


Exercise: Short pokemon walk about a little more than a half mile.

Blood Glucose:

9am: 154
4pm: 134
10pm: 180

Food:

Coffee
Water
3 freezer burned sausage patties, 2 egg omelet, pepper jack cheese covered in leftover chili. 
handful of pepitas
handful of cashews
Salmon with butter, lemon, dill, parsley, scallions and coleslaw with homemade dressing (slaw package, mayo, lemon, apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper, keto sweetener)
Very large iced coffee, and I admit it, with some spiced rum in it. (mostly ice, some coffee, milk, sucralose, and then... rum) 

A note on the coleslaw tonight: Doug has always basically made us some homemade dressing with mayo, lemon, salt and pepper. But I always felt it was missing something. It just didn't taste right. Too mayo-ey, not bitey enough. 

So I went to the internet (to the internet!) for a recipe and found this one. I substituted the giant amount of real sugar with 1/3 the amount of sucralose. And it tastes pretty damn good. Waiting for him to get home and pass judgement. He went for a walk, I didn't - I (again) was (and still am!) working. Lots to do and finish today before it is tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment