Thursday, May 12, 2022

When I Fall

This morning, I slipped on the carpeted stairs and wiped the motherfuck out. 

I was barefoot, so it was not a socks problem. I deliberately do not carry laundry down the stairs because this is actually a big fear for me, falling down the stairs and really getting hurt. Thankfully Geoff takes the laundry down. Doug told me he's wiped out a couple times too. 

So note to selves... slow down and take it easy.

I was somewhat rushing down to ask Doug a question and was pissed because he had earbuds in, and does not answer texts or his personal email when he's working. So I was in a touch of a huff when I wiped out. Landed square on my ass and my yoga pants helped me slide down 5 more steps until I got to the almost bottom. I sat there for a while, Doug made sure I was okay and I pulled myself up, schlepped upstairs. 

My ass hurts so much. I feel like I probably won't be able to sleep tonight. I found one lone Tramadol in a bottle buried in the back of my bureau (thank you, past me) I wish I also had sleeping pills. Or something. 


During work, I got up and moved around a lot, probably should have set up a standing desk for myself instead of sitting. 

Getting off the couch is a huge challenge. I'm really annoyed because after the cortisone shot, my knees are finally feeling amazing but now my rump is screaming. This better go away fast. 

I will check in tomorrow with updates and I will ask Doug if it is bruised. It probably isn't. The hidden horrible pain of my butt. And no, no pictures of any bruising, cause no one needs to see my bum. 

Here's a picture of Phineas instead. He was mad at me and wouldn't make eye contact or look at the camera. I wouldn't share my chicken salad with him, it had onion in it, and that can really hurt a dog. But of course, he doesn't know that I'm saving him from dying. 

The digits.

Exercise:
Pokemon walk (short one because mah butt hurts)

Blood Glucose:
8am: 166
10pm: 188 (seriously, how's this supposed to work. So low carb today and a walk to burn some sugars. How come body, how come?) 

Food:
Coffee
Seltzer
Water
cup of cashews
Greek yogurt with blueberries and toasted slivered almonds
Cup of chicken salad
1 cheeseburger on top of a large salad with chipotle caesar salad dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment