Sunday, May 15, 2022

More Gardening Tales from Farmer Chris

I didn't take any pictures because what I did isn't picture worthy. 

Doug used the weed whacker to clear the edges of the chain link fence. Finally. 

Last year in June I planted morning glories on the fence, and it took a while for them to grow up but I left for Colorado for the Guster show and while I was gone, they went bananas. They were gorgeous through October. No one else in the neighborhood had them. No one has lilacs either. I wish we had a lilac.

We're doing morning glories again this year on the fence, just not right up on the gate. In September every morning I'd have to come out and rethread the growth away from the gate so we could open it. 

It was beautiful, but I really wanted to be able to get in the house.

So today, I dug holes, planted seeds, moved down the fence avoiding the gate. We have a corner lot, and last year I planted a ton of morning glories down there and transplanted some cosmos, which did very well being spaced out from the garden plot we started them in. It was too crowded and thinning them out was a great thing. This year, the plot is full of peppers, so I'm just doing the morning glories on this corner. 

I am super sore,  Sore top to bottom. Especially bottom. I have more spots I want to put cosmos, like up in front by the gate. And more spots for morning glories. 

Just not today. I took a hot shower and a bunch of Tylenol.  I told Doug I don't know why I did things yesterday and today feeling like I do. For spite? 

Last night, I saw that someone was selling a desk chair on nextdoor, so I reached out and bought it. They texted me after I was done gardening so I went over after my shower. Such sweet people. I explained that I probably wouldn't be able to pick it up because my butt hurt (I explained the stair fall) and the husband loaded it up for me. 

It is in the back of the jeep, waiting for someone (not me!) to bring it in tomorrow. 

Doug bought himself a desk chair about a year ago, kind of an old fashioned looking one, reminiscent of office days gone by. He's sat the ass out of it, it kind of is slumping in the middle, so he may end up with this one if he likes it. I have not been working downstairs because I've been sitting on a kitchen chair and it hurts my ass after a few hours. I've been happily sitting on the couch here with a lap desk, and I only go down there when I need to use two monitors. Which is rare since February. I can always ask for my desk chair from my office but I just haven't gotten to it. I'd rather not. If I ever do go back for any reason, I'd like for it to be there. So I don't have to steal one from another desk. 

Part of me is thinking about the office. The other part of me knows that I wouldn't be able to go back feeling like I do now. For sure.

Alright. The reason for blogging lately. The daily digits!

Blood Glucose: 

10:30am 155
6pm: 171
9:45pm: 153 

Food:

10am to noon - Coffee
Through the day: water
7pm onward Seltzers (splash of vodka in each one of them hoping to help with the butt pain. Jury is still out on whether it is helping)

12pm yogurt & berries
3pm big bowl of chicken salad
7pm steak & baby greens and tomato salad with bleu cheese dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment