Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Walking Night

Doug always asks me if I want to go for a walk, and 99% of the time I say no. 

He goes out usually around 4 to 4:30, and I'm still working, usually to 5:30. So he goes without me. I start dinner while he's out so it's ready by the time he gets back. Tonight he grilled dinner, and it was great. At around 7 he decided it was a good night to go for a walk, and I had no excuses. 

Well, I could have backed out. 

My butt still hurts but, my knees feel great. He said we'd take it easy and not go on one of his monster walks. I took it slow, and, we even took the dog. So yes. Let's go.

Phineas is really bad when we walk. He doesn't go on a walk, he goes on a sniff. He wants to sniff things ever 3 inches. And we have to kind of drag him along and keep him from sniffing all the things. 

When Doug has been going for walks, he goes for an hour, and he walks fast. I don't. My favorite walk is up the street to the pokégym, and back down the street, past our house, to the other pokégym. And that's it. He'll go on 2, 3, 4 mile walks. I can tolerate a mile. 

Mostly, I get bored when I'm out walking. Even with Doug, even with the dog. Tonight, Phin did super well on the walk, he did more walking than sniffing. I think it has been a while since he's been on a good walk. We walked down the street to the pokéstop, turned right to the elementary school, through the trail in the woods to the street that comes back to our house. I mapped it out, it is almost exactly 1 mile for the loop so that's a goodly journey. 

The weather today was amazing. A perfect day.  

Anyway. It was a good walk and we had a nice time. Phin is sore, I can tell, and I know how he feels. He was dragging his back legs on the last leg of the trip. I could hear his nails against the sidewalk. So that worried me a little. But he hasn't had any exercise for over 2 weeks. So, again, I know how he feels. He's out cold right now. And I can't wait to be joining him.   

And oh - the Tramadol was such a blessing last night. Slept incredibly well all the way to 5:30am. I woke up before the dog. Which is unheard of in this house.

Exercise: 

A mile walk.

Blood Glucose:

9am: 159
4pm: 131
9:30pm: 151

Food:

Coffee
Water
The Big Salad. Bacon, avocado, red onion, tomatoes, romaine, mayo, salt, pepper.
A country style pork rib, grilled. Green beans with mushrooms, 1/2 avocado

No comments:

Post a Comment