Wednesday, June 22, 2022

118 is a nice number

We are enjoying a long, thunderous, wonderful storm right now. It is delightful because we just had some drama with Doug's aunt, which luckily Doug has the patience of a saint to deal with. Folks, my advice to you: pay your water bill. That's all I'm going to say.

And I was not going to have any alcohol, haven't had any for a couple days, but after this drama, plus the storm, I am in unwinding mode. Hope it doesn't mess things up but I'll know when I test before bed. 

This morning when I took my fasting blood glucose I was in for a surprise, and a good one. The reading was 118, which is the lowest I've seen since I started monitoring this a month or so ago. The very first reading I took was around 135 I think.  So this was smashing. 

For those who don't know, the goal for all of our readings is 110 or lower. But not too low. Like, 70 is super bad. 55 is right out. There's a sweet spot in the math. 

I'm supposed to go get my A1c rechecked soon, and I've been nervous because the daily numbers can be reflected in the A1c but I could have a low A1c with daily numbers that are "bad" or a high A1c with numbers that are on a downward trend. I found this article extremely helpful especially with the analogy of the baseball player's stats. We'll see when I go get tested at the end of the month.

I've actually gotten very bored with food. Very. I feel hungry but just don't care to eat anything I have. 

This happens when I'm avoiding carbs or on a diet. A lifelong issue. I'm also exceptionally anxious lately about stuff at work. My desire to snack grows when I'm anxious, and my annoyance with myself makes me want to snack and then I feel guilty. And I'm bored with food and recipes and just don't want to eat. But I want to snack. It's a vicious cycle. 

Oh and there's a nice flash and boom!

Last night for dinner, I diced up chicken breasts and made a yogurt/lemon/garlic marinade and that was nice. Very nice. I would have loved it on a bed of couscous with extra yogurt sauce and some sauteed spinach. mmmmmm. 

Today I made an improvised tuna melt. I'd been wanting one for a while, but am avoiding the bread. For this, I made myself (and Doug) a basic tuna salad. The basicness of it all bored me. I placed 2 lumps on a cooking tray, and melted cheddar cheese on top of it with some bacon.   I will say it was tasty, not exactly what I wanted. Should have diced the bacon up and mixed it in the salad. The tuna was better than basic, it was great. I make a good tuna salad. Also look at how beautiful that cheese melted there. gorgeous. 

Digits after the image.

Exercise

Blood Glucose:
8:30am 118
5pm 129
10pm 124
(best day ever!!!)

Food:
Coffee
Water
Pepitas (I think I'm addicted)
Improvised Tuna Melt
cheesesteak meat/veg/cheese without the bun
2 vodka tonics
smoked almonds
3 celery sticks with peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment