Thursday, June 23, 2022

Gimme Da Gorbage

 We are low on food supplies here, post vacation we knew we'd be coming back to a minimal larder. I'm happy we made it to Thursday and we have something for dinner tonight.

I wasn't feeling super great this morning, didn't sleep well, so I slacked my team and said I'd be online late. I made it to our team meeting at 10:30 and then an IT department meeting at 11. Geoff was in the kitchen cheffing things up for himself. After the 11am meeting was over, I walked in to get more coffee and there it was. 

A pot of Mac & Cheese with bacon mixed in. 

Damn you. Damn you to hell, delicious Mac & Cheese.

I saw this meme on a friend's facebook page and had to laugh. There are times I'm super good and proud of how I'm doing, and it gets to be 8pm and I'm on full rampage what can I eat mode. Last night it turned out to be celery and peanut butter, which is much better than the Taco Bell drive through at 11pm. But... Gorbage. 

Also, how cute is that raccoon. 

Once I get myself to sleep, I'm fine for the night. I don't wake up at 2 am and want food. I drink water. I go back to sleep. But getting through from post-dinner to bed is a challenge for me. 

Gorbage. 

We have not been keeping any Gorbage in the house. Thankfully. Geoff does most of our grocery shopping, so I always tell him he can buy whatever he wants. In my heart of hearts, I want him to come back with boxes of Triscuits (cause I'm on Team Triscuit, yo), oreos, doritos. All the bad things. He comes back with kiwis and bananas. I gotta admit I'm proud of him for making his food choices but. Where's the Gorbage. 

I stood in the kitchen eyeballing the pot. He'd gone downstairs, and he always leaves enough for me or me and Doug when he makes food. There was plenty. I was hungry. I got a small ramekin from the cabinet and dropped a lump in. Still hot. Bacony goodness. I ate it and felt dumb and bad. But hey, bacon brings protein, right? 

For lunch I used the last of the bacon we had (about 6 strips) for a BLT salad. It was a giant bowl, and I left 2 strips of bacon out for Doug if he wanted eggs and bacon, and ate half the bowl of salad. Doug came up and finished the mac and cheese, the salad, and ate the bacon I left for him. 


Digits below.  

But look, the bowl is very very small. Very small. 



Exercise

Blood Glucose
10am: 163 
5:30pm 145
10pm 166

Food:
Coffee
Water
iced coffee
small ramekin of mac & cheese
large bowl of BLT salad
one cheeseburger, no bun, 3 pickle slices
ramekin of Mixed nuts
fresca
fresca + wine
several cherry tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment