Monday, June 06, 2022

Dinner with M&M

A couple months ago, my friend Michelle messaged me and asked "Do you like where you live?" After a beat, I jokingly replied, "Why, you thinking of moving here?" She called me to let me know her husband Mike was in the final stages of getting a new job, waiting for a counter offer from his current job to see if they'd meet him at a place where he'd consider staying. The new company is based in Rockville, literally 5 miles from our house. 

After a few weeks of negotiations, his current company couldn't meet him where he needed them to, so he accepted the offer with the new company.  They will be relocating in October, so they're going to start getting used to the area, and start looking for possible neighborhoods where they want to live. It's all very exciting. 

He's here for in person meetings this week, and Michelle came with.  Doug and I met them for dinner last night, and we had a great time.  I'm kind of excited to have them on our horizon. The one big thing I miss about back in New England is hanging out with friends for dinner every once in a while. We haven't made friends like this down here, and to be honest, 30 years of friendship with Michelle through her marriage to Aaron, and our two kids and just being a super part of each other's' lives for so long, Well, this is for keeps. 

Mike is an avid griller, and he and Doug are always discussing recipes and coming up with fun things to do for dinner. They are going to come here for some grilling on Wednesday night, so Doug is planning his offerings well. Hopefully this beautiful weather will stick around.

On Wednesday, I'm going to go pick Michelle up to go drive around the area, neighborhoods, and places. They know what they'd like to rent, just have to find it (they are not selling their house in NH, they're going to rent it out and if things do not go well here, they've got a place to go back to...). She and I will spend time together and have some fun. I am looking forward to it. And then grilling and bonfire here after. 

Today's divider picture to separate the blog post from the digits, for those not interested: 

On the left, 2017 and the right, 2022.
Ladies room in the Avenue Pub, New Orleans. Slightly different artwork, slightly different human. Gotta admit, the 2022 hair is grey but shining and I like it. Considering I don't wear lipstick, this is kind of amusing to me that I'd take the time to do this selfie.


Exercise

Blood Glucose:
8:30am - 190
4pm: 166
10pm: 165

This is the first day where all readings are under 200. whew.

Food:

Coffee
iced coffee
Water
tuna salad on a salad (romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, mayo; tuna, celery, salt & pepper, topped with toasted almonds)
4 grilled sausages over bed of peppers & onions in a cheese sauce
almonds 

No comments:

Post a Comment