Monday, June 13, 2022

Another Monday and More Vacation Days

 We are headed up to Massachusetts on Wednesday. 

Thursday night, Geoff's Eagle Mentor from Boy Scouts is retiring, after a lot of years giving support and guidance to the wacky kids of Troop 87. Stan's got 3 boys, all went through the Scouting program. I love each of them. And after his youngest finished up, he stuck around as an adult leader. He's an award winning Scoutmaster, and a gift to the organization. 

When they emailed us to let us know about the retirement we knew it was a no-brainer. We had to be there to celebrate. For all Stan did for Geoff over the years, we wanted to celebrate. 

Stan also saved my bacon once on a camping trip!

We were leaving the campsite and I got in my car to start it up, I was last in the queue, and my car wouldn't start. 

I managed to get out fast, wave my arms, and Stan looked in his rear view mirror to see me.  Thankfully. No cel signal at that location, I would have been doomed. Turned out my alternator was shot, but he
jumped it, as long as I kept it running it would be okay. 

We all have people in our lives who take time, see something in us, recognize our potential. Geoff doesn't have that many people who have been fully invested in him the way Doug and I have been. 

Scouts was the best thing that could have happened in Geoff's life, and a large part of that is Stan. I was just looking through all my old pictures and there are some gems. Stan helped arrange the relationship between our troop and the AmVets in town to continue to retire flags, and a lot of times Eagle projects fall by the wayside. The flag program is still continuing, six years later. 

With the cost of gas, and taking time off, and taking the dog with us and all, it's kind of a hassle. I sort of felt like we should not go. But. It will be worth it. 

Plus we get to see Jess and C, and my parents, and anyone else we can connect with. Happy to go up there. I was talking to our old neighbor who lives not too far from here in Bowie, and she says every time she goes back she gets so depressed. I told her i know exactly how she feels. But it's worth it. It really is.

Here's a picture of Geoff, with his Eagle Mentors Stan (with the beard) and Thane at his Eagle ceremony. Can't wait to see them both. 

Digits! 

Exercise:

Blood Glucose:
8:30am: 160
5pm: 192
10:30pm:178

Food:
Coffee
Water
bowl of yogurt with some black raspberries & a small peach cut up
salad with 2 diced chicken thighs leftover from dinner the other night (goat cheese, romaine, tomatoes, red onion, chipotle ranch dressing)
bowl of chili

wine & fresca

No comments:

Post a Comment