Tuesday, June 07, 2022

Out of Office Message ... Set!

(Entry started Tuesday, finished Thursday morning) 

Geoff went to the market for some things Monday (we actually ran out of coffee and milk, impossible!)  He came home with beer, hard seltzer, and wine. We're having our friends over Wednesday night for dinner, so he got things prepped out for entertaining. Got the cooler pulled out and will buy ice tomorrow. Geoff knows how to throw a party.

As much as I really truly want some wine, I'm passing. Another literally zero carb day for me. Tomorrow I'll probably have wine and diet 7up or maybe one of the seltzers Geoff got. But I'm hanging tough. The good thing is I like stupid boxed wine, but Geoff bought the wrong kind, and it is one I do not like. So. Doubtful I'll dive in hard. 

A great strategy with me is buy stuff I do not like, and I will not eat/drink it. I like mixed nuts but the habanero wasabi spicy almonds, no thank you. I like regular triscuits. If you buy like garden vegetable and olive oil, no. 

Because my friend Sara is going to be here (this is now Thursday) shortly to grab me so we can go see Guster in Richmond tonight, I'm not going to write up the adventures of Christine and Michelle just yet. I'll save that for the next entry. 

But here's a picture of the snacks I put out for when Michelle and Mike got here last night. You'll notice Triscuits. My downfall. 

Tuesday June 7

Exercise: none to speak of

Blood Glucose:

9am: 182
6pm: 133 (woooooooo!!!!)
10pm: 155

Food:

Coffee
Water
Giant BLT Salad (with cucumber and onion thrown in for fun)
green beans, chicken thighs (bone in/skin on, cooked in the oven)

Wednesday June 8

Exercise: Small walkings about, more steps than the whole rest of this week

Blood Glucose: 

9am 191
5pm 202
11pm 228

Food:

Coffee
Water
pizza and a beer at Brookville Beer Farm
Steak, asparagus, salad w/tomato, red onion, cucumber, goat cheese & balsamic vinaigrette
3 beers

Having the beers yesterday bumped me up out of my under 200 experience. Let's see how we do today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment