Tuesday, June 14, 2022

The sooner you leave the sooner you're home back in Massachusetts

Thanks, Guster, for the title. Even though I'm not Homecoming King and I'm not a bully.  But I am going back to Massachusetts.

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we are off to "home." Off to Massachusetts. 

Always have certain feelings when I head back there, especially when I'll be seeing friends. It's not like going somewhere else, where you don't have history, where people are just people and are nice people. It's not vacation. Really. There's family and friends. I hope to see some. I know I'll see some. 

Tonight, I was chatting with my sister on video and Doug came out to put a bunch of recyclable items into the fire pit. I asked him if we were having a fire. He said it was up to me. I said, it looks like you are planning a fire. Why are you bringing these items out to the pit when you can just leave them in the house until we get back? He said he just wanted to get them out. 

Next thing I knew, things were on fire. So I said to Linda "I guess we're having a fire?" 

So that was nice and also it was derailing. There were things I wanted to do, but, instead, I got more wine, got the portable JBL speaker out, cranked up some Guster, and we sat by the fire together. 

Earlier in the day, someone on my work Slack posted that they were moving from DC to LA and they had a bunch of stuff they were selling. We were in need of some dining room chairs, so, she had some. Hell yes. Someone on Facebook Marketplace was supposed to come in the morning and get them and they blew her off so she was frustrated and offered things up to the office. 

Hell yeah. 

Doug and I drove down, and got 4 of her 6 chairs. One of them is kind of a good living room chair that they called "The Throne," and the other 3 are good for the dining table. 2 match, and one of them is just kind of a cool chair.  We'll have a completely mismatched set of chairs in kind of a cool, kitchy, shabby chic sort of way at our beat up farm table. I kind of love it. I'll be sure to take pictures of them later. 

In the meantime, I'm kind of wired, which is unfortunate because the alarm clock is set for 6am. I just put Doug's laundry in the dryer (after telling him he should put the clothes in the wash at like 6pm, he put it all in there at like .... 11pm). I have one small project for work but maybe had too much wine, so no. I won't touch. But I'll ask my colleague to take care of it in the morning. I'll slack him now so it looks like I am working. Ha.

Oh, here's a picture of the fire that Doug started that I ended up hanging out around until like 11pm. We haven't had a fire for a while so this was very nice and very fun. Digits below the image. 

See you in less than 24 hours, Massachusetts!

Exercise: Watered the garden, putzed around, carried chairs down some stairs. Not an actual workout but. got some steps.

Blood Glucose: 

9am: 192
6pm: 185
11pm: 155

Food:

Coffee
Water
Iced Coffee
3 sausage patties and 1/2 avocado
salad with romaine & tomatoes
6 nice pieces of pork "steak tips"
bleu cheese
Wine & Fresca

No comments:

Post a Comment