Saturday, June 25, 2022

Wasting the Solstice Sun

I had the chance to be Farmer Chris today, if I went outside before say 10am. 

After that it was a lot of no. A big fat lotta no. 

Doug went out this afternoon and did a bunch of things in the yard. The only thing I really wanted to do was water. Doug said we don't need to water - we got so much rain the other night that everything is good and wet.  I do want to see how he staked up the tomatoes and check on our purple peppers. 

But overall, outside isn't a place I want to be.

I have no regrets.

I do feel a little bit like I'm wasting the height of the light of summer! Doug's out for a walk right now, and he goes far and fast, I can't keep up with him, and I get bored beyond belief. I live for this time of year: early light mornings and lingering late light. 

But I just cannot muster the energy to go out there.  

Still pondering the things that happened yesterday. Doug and I had a disagreement about things. He doesn't understand why people in NY, Chicago, Boston are protesting. He doesn't understand why people are so mad about the overturning of the decision. He thinks people are "stupidly" thinking that this will end abortions everywhere. 

So I went and took a nap. It felt the safest. I don't want to have a fight with him. I shared some of my thoughts via email with C. But don't really want to get into it. 

Anyway. 

I went out and played Farmer Chris for a little while tonight. 

Since Doug did a ton of work with the tomatoes I felt I should do at least something. And it was a beautiful night. 

I had planted morning glories on the fence again, but it turns out, I didn't have to. 

We have volunteers, and boy do we have volunteers. The seeds I planted are just starting to come up but last year's friends are going bananas. I went out and reroute them, they were growing across the gate, and into the mailbox. I want them moving away from the gate, so the gate can open easily. And our mailman can open the mailbox.

They are pouring into the grass on the street side of the fence - and I thought about cutting them all back, but I think I'm going to allow them to grow along the ground. Maybe it'll be really pretty. I hope.

Oh. And we may be back at Doug's aunt's tomorrow. Doug suggested maybe he and Geoff can go because they may be headed into the storage units to reorganize them and make them more tidy and fit more stuff in. Not sure. His suggestion is merciful and kind. I don't know how much she's done, and what the urgency is at this point compared to when we first started going to help here in February

And as usual, my curiosity about what the situation over there exists but my desire to deal with it is minimal.

Pictures are the morning glory volunteers before I started to fuss with them.






Exercise: none

Blood Glucose:
10am: 163
5pm: 144
xpm: 194

Food:
Coffee
Water
ramekin of frito chips
bowl of yogurt & blueberries
2 bowls of chili with beef & chicken (2 beast chili) no beans, cheese & fritos and sour cream
another ramekin of frito chips (weakness!)
several vodka tonics (diet tonic)


No comments:

Post a Comment