Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Avoiding The Noodles

 (meant to publish Monday and forgot...)

Geoff went to the market today and he brought home makings for baked ziti. I groaned a little. That's like all carbs. 

But to be honest, he's not on my diet. He did the shopping, he wanted to make this for dinner, he's entitled. I can deal. I would find something else for myself to enjoy. So I did. We had a quarter of a roaster chicken that Doug's aunt made him take home with him yesterday, so I tore it up, made a chicken salad with grapes and toasted almonds. 

He made a nice baked ziti. I kind of regret not just having a ramekin but I put it all away for him and peeled the baked on cheese off the edge of the baking dish and enjoyed that.

I wanted to treat myself to chicken piccata but we didn't have any chicken stock so that idea got sidelined.  Perhaps later this week. Doug hates capers so it is more like chicken in a lemon sauce, without that pickle bite from the capers.

I wasn't that hungry anyway to be honest. I ate lunch at 3:30 so I'm not super hungry anyway. I'm more sleepy than anything but it is too early to go to bed. 


Digits

Exercise

Blood Glucose:
9am: 164
5pm: 150
11pm: 174

Food:
Coffee 
Water
yogurt and blueberries
leftover salad from last night with chicken salad from the other night
chicken salad with grapes and almonds
hamburger bun w/peanut butter (about 30 grams of carbs total vs all the total avoidance of carbs all day)



No comments:

Post a Comment