Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Sometimes you don't take a picture

Due to Dog Spread and Heat sometimes I wander into the guest room in the middle of the night. 

The guest bed is very comfortable compared to my bed, and I always a good night's sleep in that room.

At 6:45am, I was wide awake, aware of all the bright light in the room. Yesterday afternoon, I had raised the blinds to get more natural light in the guest room in order to record a training video. I forgot to lower the blinds before I got into the bed. And as mentioned, this is the time of year that I'm just up early. I may burn the afternoon, but mornings are good to go for me.

The fact that the dog had not come to get me yet was notable He's usually up at 5. I sat up and stretched (but did not get too stretchy because I had to pee).

I pivoted at my hips to stretch my back, and when I turned to my right there was a deer. 

Right outside the window. Two of them. A buck and a doe. 

The doe was looking right at me, so I sat perfectly still and looked at her. She continued to monitor me as he evaluated the landscape. He was looking into my neighbor's yard chest pressed against the chain link fence, hooves in her flowers. 

I grabbed my phone and tried to take a picture but the camera would only focus on the window and screen. Doh. or .... Doe.

Trying to be sneaky, I laid back down and rolled out of bed gently. When I got through the door, the dog heard me and came over happy to have me let him out to pee. Doug was sitting up in bed, awake as well, so I told him about the deer. 

"Oh!"

He got out of bed and we both went to the kitchen to look out the window and the deer were still standing there, statue still.  

Then, they jumped the fence. 

The buck went first, the doe thought about it and then followed. They weren't fully visible through the tree in our backyard, but we could see them moving around. Doug noted they were nibbling her flowers and her garden. Oh no. 

She already blames rats and other vermin for being around, but has not mentioned deer. Those are probably the animals eating her things (as we witnessed). And they have not discovered our garden, thankfully!

We went into the dining room to see if we could get a better view. And they jumped fences again and again, moving into other yards. 

I started the coffee, and we talked about how beautiful the day was, and we realized that we had not yet the dog out. 

He was blissfully unaware of the excitement we just saw. He'd probably lose his shit  if he went out there and they were still at the fence.

Sometimes you don't get the opportunity to take a picture. Bad angles, or distance can mess up a good shot. So use your mind's eye to take the best picture you can muster. 

That said, digits after the picture of yesterday's lunch I forgot to share. I really love the babybel cheeses, peeling open the wax, and releasing the cheese. I prefer the cheddar, but hey, if you only have the mozzarella life is good.


Digits

exercise

Blood Glucose
8am: 174
5pm: 138
10pm:170

Food:
Coffee
Water
yogurt with strawberries, and toasted almonds
meat and sauce and ricotta pulled out of the left over baked ziti (ssshhhhhhh, they have sauce for noodles and can make more to put on the ziti!)
small ramekin of mixed nuts
Mexican Chicken (breaded like chix parm except with red hot, chili powder, mexican cheese, bacon
wine 

No comments:

Post a Comment