Friday, June 24, 2022

Donut but not for eating

 

At my office, we have a slack integration we call "Donut." To the right here, this is the emoji in slack for the platform. It is very friendly. 

Interested parties sign up to be paired with fellow coworkers to just have a chat. 

In the Before Times we'd get the chance to meet in person. Now it's on Zoom or Slack video. It can be 15 minutes or a half hour. I enjoy it because I've gotten to chat with coworkers from a lot of different departments. 

It usually runs every other week, but sometimes we cheat if schedules are booked up. This week I had four of them, because last week we pushed some things back. 

I often get paired with interns, which is alright, but I feel like an old when I talk with them. They are younger than my kids most of the time.  One particular girl that I chatted with recently was so in love with her internship and what she was doing, and fascinated with my job. She had so many questions and was filled with such joy when I told her how my job works and what I do. 

Her enthusiasm and excitement was so delightful. 

Sometimes I wish I had that level of thrill. Not just about my job but anything. Well, I do. Guster. But you know that. Everything else is just okay. 

 It's nice to know such excitement is out there. And it made me appreciate what I'm doing because it made her so happy.

Not much else to talk about really today. There was big news out of the SCOTUS that I don't even want to talk about. I have feelings but will not post. 

We may be going to Doug's aunt's tomorrow. I'm still not sure. She has not let us know if she needs us. Part of me wants a big pass on it. Another part of me is nosy. And I am of course, epically lazy and will only go if we stop at the irish pub and get wings on the way home. 

 I'm super proud of my avoidance of mac and cheese (this time with hamburger) and the Oreos that Geoff brought home from the market yesterday. He also bought Pretzel M&Ms which I don't enjoy very much so they are safe from me. 

He must have read my Gorbage thoughts from my Gorbage brain.

Here is a picture of chicken salad I made for lunch. I make a really nice chicken salad. I usually mix mayo and cream cheese together with a hand mixer and set it aside. I boil 2-4 chicken breasts for 10-15 min, depending on their size. I like to grill them too but doug prefers them this way. 

Once they are cool, I dice the chicken into little squares and mix with the mayo/cream cheese. then, I will use either red seedless grapes cut in half or apples diced in small squares, and toasted almonds or chopped walnuts. Salt and pepper to taste.

A lot of people have different feelings about throwing fruit in things where "it doesn't belong," like raisins in coleslaw. To be honest, I'll eat just about fucking anything and you know it. I learned this recipe from catering man back in the day and I totally dig it. Forever. 

Digits below.




Exercise: anger and rage pretty much is all i can muster today

Blood Glucose:
9am: 195
5:30pm 174
10:30pm 174

Food:
Coffee
Water
iced coffee
chicken salad (chicken, mayo, walnuts, grapes)
couple handfuls of grapes
chicken parm (chicken, mozz, sauce)
wine + fresca

No comments:

Post a Comment