Monday, August 08, 2022

Dog exercise

It's too hot to go for a good walk outside, unless you are Doug. 

Or possibly crazy, if you ask me. 

Too damn hot. I went out with the dog, and came back in. Too hot at 8:30am. Doug went out for a 40 minute stroll and came home tonight drenched in sweat and jumped right in the shower. 

I suppose like, people, work out and sweat and stuff? Not for me.

To do my "dedicated 10," I walk in the house. Geoff said I should use a treadmill, but I hate treadmills in houses. I hate treadmills in the gym too. 

I just get bored doing that. I get bored outside too. But at least outside, and in my house the way I'm doing it, I can change the route and go around things differently. Outside: Up the street, turn left or right. Inside: Through the living room, straight to the bedroom or turn left to the kitchen. Figure 8 around the coffee table and into the dining room, then change it up and go the opposite direction for the Figure 8. Before you know it 10 minutes is gone. Then an easy 15. But when you get to 20 and say "I should go all the way to a half hour, that's when the BOREDOM kicks in.

The funny thing about my inside walk is the dog. The dog walks with me and follows me almost step by step, nose against my calf. I keep telling him he can just get up on the couch and watch me and relax, but he follows me. Sometimes he makes a wrong turn, or takes a break to drink water, and I'll disappear from eyesight range into the guest room, and then hear him hurriedly trot into my bedroom, looking for me. I let him know when I come out of the bedroom, turn right to the living room and he can follow me from there, relieved he found me. He's got separation anxiety so he'll get a good walk along with me.

This is pretty good for him since it is way too hot to take him for a good walk outside.  Today we walked for a solid 31 minutes, with him taking a small break up on the couch and then joining me again when he couldn't hear me anymore. I'll say I got 31, he got 29.  

On the docket is supposed to be the haircut. It is almost 7pm as of this typing and I don't think I'm going to make it out the door. I want to bring my bag up to Sara's house to pack in her car tomorrow night so that'll motivate me out the door. 

We'll see what's the haps for me to fit all my work in tomorrow, and do the one or two things I need to do. 

This is the lineup (in reverse hourly order, of course) for the show on Saturday next week. Loving the karaoke thing, we'll see if I have the balls to do it. 

Digits below! 

digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+21 got my walk in and kept going, stopped when Doug came back so we could make dinner.

blood glucose:
8am: 195
6pm: 195
10pm: 132

Food
coffee
water
sugar free lemonade
3 large celery sticks & peanut butter
chicken salad (no fruit and nuts today i was too lazy)
chili leftovers from the other night with a couple spoonfuls of Mac & Cheese on the bottom. My kryptonite! 




No comments:

Post a Comment